Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Before the Emperor
Closed Thread
Old 30 Dec 2006, 02:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Before the Emperor

If there is something i like about 40k is the vast amount of background there is, the immensity of its universe allows it to just have so much. But at the moment this question is on my mind. What was before the Emperor?

What was the cause of him to become the man he was? I assume that the universe it takes place in is our own, and the Terra and Mars is Earth, and, well Mars. I could be wrong, but thats what i figure. Does anyone know what happened between now, and the coming of the Emperor? Or if anyone has any links to some 40k history (that be really cool if it existed) Thanks

-Menjumba
Old 30 Dec 2006, 02:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Re: Before the Emperor

Somthing about humanity building robots that rebelled. S'all I know...
Only then your life I will save
Old 30 Dec 2006, 02:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Call Wargamer, he knows all. This is what I know.

Supposedly, humanity made the "Stone Men" and in turn made the "Iron Men". The "Iron Men" rebelled and humanity defeated them after a long war. The Emperor shows up and unites everyone and then you have the Horus Heresy.

That's the most basic that you can get. In the Third Edition Rule book it gave a long and lengthy story about it.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 13:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wait are you talking how the Emperor was born or came to power?

The way I understand it is that in the Dark Age of Technology Humanity built all kinds of crazy stuff and robots and things like that . Then the robots rebelled and humanity wnet to war and stuf. Then when thet finally beat the Robots the Eldar screwed up the warp and then began the age of strife from which the empoerer conquered roughly 3/4ths of the galaxy and so began the age of the Imperium.

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Old 30 Dec 2006, 13:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Emperor has always been the way he is - he was born in around 6000BC in Anatolia, the resurrection of a load of tribal shamans that committed suicide en masse. Throughout human history he stuck to the background, guiding us through various perils but not revealing himself until the Age of Strife.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Old 30 Dec 2006, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Okay, so this is what i have come to understand. From here in the the 2nd or 3rd millennium to about the 26th millenium mankind experiences boom in technolgy and science. We learn to travel using the warp and begin to colonise other planets. Eventually using our technology we build robots, these machines eventually build better machines, that decieded to turn on us and we have a Machine war. (I figure kind of like the Second Renaissance from the Animatrix)

Humans win the war the war against the machines and in turn destroy their technology so that it doesnt happen again. (I suppose this could be the origin of where their technophobia came from as they seem to regard the Tau as fools who dont handle their technology wisely) Now this is where i think it gets tricky for me. After the Dark Age of Technology is the Age of Strife where everything kinda gets shot to hell. So the Iron Men was at he end of the age and caused he Age of Strife right?

So then the Age of Strife commences and all that was built goes awry. Psykers go insane and worlds go to war with each other. More technolgy is lost, and things are just horrible as there is utter chaos. Eventually the Emperor gets Terra under his control and the Great Crusade begins.

Well that is what i have gained in my search for what came before the Emperor. I do hope its correct, and that it might be of some use to someone who has the same question as i did. Who knows?

Old 31 Dec 2006, 02:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

A large Chunk is... lemme see...

http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/compone...per/Itemid,55/

Does this help?
Closed Thread