Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Emperor: Mysteries revealed, and more added
Old 26 Dec 2006, 20:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default The Emperor: Mysteries revealed, and more added

I was reading up a bit on the Emperor of man on Wikipedia (its like a condensed grouping of every single WD article and edition fluff, handilly cataloged for us), and 'found out' a few neat things:

The emperor was alive and well even in the year 2006, he truly is the Immortal Emperor, around since 8000 BC. Shamans and mystics back in those near caveman days noticed their powers in the warp was fading due to the 'modernization' of mankind around them, and their direct link to the Warp was getting tenuous... as well the reincarnations of further psychics when they died... their numbers were growing less and less. SO a great council was held, and all the remaining psychics set upon a pact, where they would all commit suicide at the same moment, so that their combined powers would be reincarnated one final time into one allpowerfull psyker, to ensure the warp connection would not be lost as a race. Or possibly; to create the 'Star Child' from the onset.

A year later, the Emperor was born, and was able to do all of his things, as well as halt his aging. He was a near God in power (perhaps falling a bit short of Star Child), and was truly immortal (and there can be only one ). Over the millenia, he has played a direct or backstage role in the development of mankind, and was in fact many of the historic and key guiding figures of our history.. under different guises. His public knowledge was not revealed until the age of Strife, when he took a front stage role from then on. So this is the Emperor as we knew him.

That was one interesting bit of info. Here is the next, regarding after his death:

When he died, he would have been borne into the Warp much like Slaanesh did, and become the Warp God being referenced as the "Star Child". BUT, thats not what happened. Instead, with his final breaths he ordered Rogal Dorn to lock.. LOCK him into the Golden Throne for all time, and deny himself that Godhood, for the betterment of Mankind. Some say that he willingly took this duty upon himself, some say that it was a temporary measure and that he is now held prisoner in a form of 'limbo' by the High Lords that wish to retain their recently acquired power. This is reinforced by the steady decline of humanity after his death, and, if he were able to get out and lead them again, he would immediately set things straight and resume the glory of mankind... and would have NEVER let it get this bad if he could in fact do anything about it!

(Forgive the religious analogy, but this would be like God telling Moses that he was going to take a break in this incredible box, where he cant get out or do anything outside of its bounds, and asks Moses to open it up for him in 5 years... but then Moses realizes that now HE is THE MAN, violates that trust and chooses to never open the box and let God back out.... and sets up an elaborate story of what happened, and builds mighty fortresses around the box, and never... ever even thinks of opening it! .....what a Jerk! And how fitting to the Dark Gothic feel of 40k.)

The answer to whether or not the Emperor is still in fact alive is cleared up as well, since every Astropath needs to go to the golden throne and Bind themselves directly to his mind, in order to use their power. SO if there are still Astropaths walking around, there is still an Emperor alive and aware within the throne.

Another interesting trivia, regarding the Golden Throne itself: It was originally a Webway Portal opening device, that was the result of the Emperors experiments with a WebWay portal he found on Terra (when he left horus as warmaster and vanished to his mountaintop experiments)... an experiment to open/access the webway for some unknown purpose. Now, the Golden Throne is a Barrier to that same Portal, keeping it forever sealed, and having some intimate connection with the astronomicon and his self sustaining immortality after death.

(interesting stuff, what an hour on wikipedia can give you) This was all new to me. That the Emperor was always immortal, then why need the golden throne to make him immortal? It answers many mysteries, and then tosses up many more (those clever fluff writers). Is the soul sucking astronomicon truly keeping the emperor alive and immortal, or is it keeping him caged? Would his emergence as the Star Child be a good thing, or the 5th god of chaos? Is the Golden Throne keeping something terrible out of the webway (laughing god/Dark eldar), or is it a closely guarded 'backdoor' with which to make an escape from the planet itself in some other terrible eventuality? (void dragon awakening on Mars)
Old 26 Dec 2006, 20:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: The Emperor: Mysteries revealed, and more added

So, you have an interesting theory about the void dragon and the webway portal... So, maybe the emperor studied the void dragon, to gain all his knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2006, 20:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

huh! I didnt connect that the Emperor and the Void Dragon were next door neightbors the entire time.. but no. The Void Dragon is not psychic in any way, as he is a C'Tan, and is very firmly rooted in the real universe, with no psychic or warp connection at all...

hmm rather Id say that the emperor learned that there was a dreaded C'Tan sleeping under Mars (without knowing any of its history, or even what to call it at that time) during the Great Crusade, and with that danger close at hand, and with the knowledge that he had a Webway portal nearby, looked into the poralts use as a possible escape route for himself and his people.... this was all before the Heresy, and things got really mucked up after his 'death', and its just been a mess for the last 10000 years since.. but thats just one possibility.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 21:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmm....I see what you're saying.

About the Void Dragon, in essence:

The Emperor is a man in a cage with a shotgun, next to a cage containing a mountain lion (Void Dragon). If the Mountain Lion escapes from its' cage, then the mans' cage swings open and he shoots it. because shotgun>Mountain lion.

Meaning, the High Lords of Terra are only going to stage a "resurrection" When they are directly threatened.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 22:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Course, the man is a drunken red neck (meaning the emperor will be pissed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2006, 22:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

nah, more like "Man is in cage with shotgun, but cant get out. He watches his millenia of effort slip into the toilet, as vultures swoop in from all sides to eat up his lifes work, but someone else said that that cage is 'holy' and 'must never be seen by anyone' and locked it away for over 10000 years. The man with the shotgun is really upset, and knows exactly where to aim that shotgun if he ever gets out (High Lords of Terra, Inquisition, Adeptus Mechanicus, you name it).. those that have let humanity slip so far and mired so deep in mindless persecution, suppression and dogma that they dont even know what a computer is, or what an on/off switch does anymore.

but thats just one far edge of the possibility.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 01:53   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeh wiki has a lot of good background material like this - when I read it I wondered what source the story of the Emepror's early birth came from though....
Child of the Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2006, 04:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I hold some faith in Wikipedia because of its self editing nature.... see, people who know something add it, and have to claim themselves as a reference... if someone else in the know knows that the first guy was getting things wrong, or was just full of it, he can re edit it, and, more importantly, flag the original edit as from a dubious source.. and this will prevent that bad guy from messing things up again.

A good example is a Scientific American study about the wikipedia page on the theory of evolution, where apparently a bunch of bible thumping fanatics tried repeatedly to delete it away, or discred it with sneaky editing... yet the theory of evolution page remained solid nevertheless... it was an interesting article, actually.. about how that wikipedia article was like a 'life form' that simply couldnt be killed, or even altered.. and yet as new information became available on the subject, it faithfully 'evolved' in near time with it! It was really neat if you think about it... kind of a new NEW thing that has never been on this planet before. A pure informational 'life form'. wow!
Old 27 Dec 2006, 05:49   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
I hold some faith in Wikipedia because of its self editing nature.... see, people who know something add it, and have to claim themselves as a reference... if someone else in the know knows that the first guy was getting things wrong, or was just full of it, he can re edit it, and, more importantly, flag the original edit as from a dubious source.. and this will prevent that bad guy from messing things up again.

A good example is a Scientific American study about the wikipedia page on the theory of evolution, where apparently a bunch of bible thumping fanatics tried repeatedly to delete it away, or discred it with sneaky editing... yet the theory of evolution page remained solid nevertheless... it was an interesting article, actually.. about how that wikipedia article was like a 'life form' that simply couldnt be killed, or even altered.. and yet as new information became available on the subject, it faithfully 'evolved' in near time with it! It was really neat if you think about it... kind of a new NEW thing that has never been on this planet before. A pure informational 'life form'. wow!
Yeah, ive written a huge number of articles myself over the past couple of years on various topics - including the massive (and much changed) 'History of India' article, amongst others (im interested in Indology). But apart from major scientific subjects, things like history and the humanities are much more subject to malicious editing, because quite simply, in comparison to the peer-reviewed scientific community, archeology, etc, has always been open to nationalistic re-interpretation. The articles ive participated in have generally maintained some integrity, but still suffer problems.
Child of the Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2007, 02:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

it would be cool if some big evil god thing (ctan, the fith god of chaos u know the one that was scrapped?) was in the web way behind the golden thone and the emperor is the only one who can hold it bay.

OK partner, good job. now could you please spit out the fugitive?
-holly short

lets just say im a very smart boy.
-artemis fowl again!
Parkspaz is offline   Reply With Quote