Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Like the 'Horus Heresy' novels....... id love to see 'Fall of the Eldar' novels!
Closed Thread
Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Like the 'Horus Heresy' novels....... id love to see 'Fall of the Eldar' novels!

I havent quite completed the 'Horus Heresy' series yet - I get the impression there will be more books, perhaps a second trilogy, dealing with the Imperial Civil War itself. I read it mainly for one reason - to revel in the backstory of how Khaos currupted the traitor legions. But something that would be even more lore-filled, and give a good oppertunity to explore another of the 'good' races:

A 'Fall of the Eldar' series.

About the Eldar at their height in the 30th millenium, just before the rise of mankind, and how, as their empire became more decadent and sadomacochistic, the prince of the Khaos gods was born - Slaanesh. It could detail the Eldar's empire at its heights, complete with their fleets roaming the galaxy, fighting the Orks, fighting the three other Khaos gods, and ending in the birth of the Eye of Terror, and the fight between Slaanesh and Khaine, which Khorne interrupted.
Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke
Default Re: Like the 'Horus Heresy' novels....... id love to see 'Fall of the Eldar' nov

I agree that it would be most interesting.... Although I doubt that GW could backtrack on the history of the Eldar that far without messing up SOMETHING :\

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:24   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Like the 'Horus Heresy' novels....... id love to see 'Fall of the Eldar' nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
I agree that it would be most interesting.... Although I doubt that GW could backtrack on the history of the Eldar that far without messing up SOMETHING :\
True - there is so much continuity involved, that it would put off the GW people - if they ever needed to change continuity, it would be set in stone. Even though im a devotee of the almighty Slaanesh, the perspectives which most interest me are the perspectives of the Humans, Eldar and Tau - because they observe the work of Khaos with awe and fear - my favorite bits of the novels so far have been things detailing the discovery of Khaos by humanity - like when one of the human empires reveals to Loken that there is something called Khaos, and the old lore.

Imagine how much that could be maximised by a novel set in the Eldar's ancient empire - they presumably known secrets the Imperium could never dream of.
Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Very good idea. I've always thought that an event that big deserved more attention. I hate to nitpick but its Chaos was a C. :P

Again, great idea and welcome to the site
Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Like the 'Horus Heresy' novels....... id love to see 'Fall of the Eldar' novels!

If anyone can do this, 10 bucks says wargamer can.

Also, who would be the main character? we don't know of any eldar who were big at the time (yknow like horus or the emperor, or that one guy who flew on the einstein or whatever it was called)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
Old 23 Dec 2006, 05:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Asdrubael Vect could be a character. He was only young at the time, but the story of his founding Commoragh would be very interesting. Not to mention what it's like living in pre - Fall society.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 23 Dec 2006, 06:33   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the execution of all things
Very good idea. I've always thought that an event that big deserved more attention. I hate to nitpick but its Chaos was a C. :P

Again, great idea and welcome to the site
Thanks for the welcome Some of us choose to spell Chaos with a K, like the humans of unconquered planets before the crusade used to do But ill use the normal spelling from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
If anyone can do this, 10 bucks says wargamer can.

Also, who would be the main character? we don't know of any eldar who were big at the time (yknow like horus or the emperor, or that one guy who flew on the einstein or whatever it was called)
New charecters would be fine - afterall, they would require the same amount of charecterisation, and if they became popular, a figure could be designed of them

Then again, I think quite a few of these charecters might be old enough:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...er_40%2C000%29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
Asdrubael Vect could be a character. He was only young at the time, but the story of his founding Commoragh would be very interesting. Not to mention what it's like living in pre - Fall society.
I would love to see pre-fall society, and read the extreames that the Eldar decended into. Obiously the novel would primarily focus on Slaanesh, and would be a defining chapter in the history of Chaos, as well as the Elves (I think a lot of Chaos fans would crave hearing how the dark prince came to be).
Old 23 Dec 2006, 06:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

it would be a story easiest told from the 40th millenium by a farseer attempting to educate a faith-deluded imperial. from a contemporary setting, the flashback storyline could be pulled off with ease.
Old 23 Dec 2006, 06:52   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger
it would be a story easiest told from the 40th millenium by a farseer attempting to educate a faith-deluded imperial. from a contemporary setting, the flashback storyline could be pulled off with ease.
Its true - but then there wouldnt really be a need to narate it like that either, because there must still be interaction between Eldar primary charecters either way. I persoanlly rather just have a group of unknown Eldar charecters at the time of the fall. Some could later either die with the fall, or live on to become part of various factions - Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, etc. The story could be given more irony by showing that the other Chaos gods never suceeded, i.e. successfull campaigns against Nurgle, Khaine, etc...

These books also serve as a nice prequel to Heresy, because it was the winds of the birth of Slaanesh, that blew the warp storm surrounding earth away, and freed the emperor to reunited humanity in the crusade.
Old 23 Dec 2006, 13:12   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Like the 'Horus Heresy' novels....... id love to see 'Fall of the Eldar' novels!

The eldar had all been wiped out in a few seconds the moment slaneesh was born. Although they fought many battles for survival afterwards it would make for a short story.

Slaneesh was born yada yada yada
Her birthcry killed almost all of the eldar yada yada yada
Most of the survivors turned evil yada yada yada
The Dark eldar fought the eldar for survival yada yada yada

The end