Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau....from Tyranids!?!
Closed Thread
Old 17 Dec 2006, 07:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau....from Tyranids!?!

Who made the Tau? I don't know....but its always fun to speculate.

Tau from Tyranids:
-Hoofs ( or hooves?) three-toed things look like Tyranid feet.

- Group awareness. Well, not really, but they have a VERY strong sense of community.

- Similar to the Zoats. again, Hoofs/hooves.

- Proximity to the galaxies' edge. Easy arrival by some degenerate Splinterfleet.

-Adaptability. They may not grow claws or venom, but they do adapt their guns and their castes.

- Ethereals.....some sort of primitive Genestealer Patriarch?

Comment, Criticise ( bet there will be alot ) or Praise.

I'm just posting this to see what people think.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 03:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau....from Tyranids!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krell
-Hoofs ( or hooves?) three-toed things look like Tyranid feet.
Tyranids aren't responsible for creating anything for a race. They're in charge of killing every other race off. Plus, the two are from totally different galaxies, same with Tyranids and all the other Warhammer 40,000 races. It's hard to tell what the Tau came from, but it's easy to tell that there's no connection to Tyranids.

Quote:
- Group awareness. Well, not really, but they have a VERY strong sense of community.
Both races have a sense of community activeness, but it's similar to all groups known to man. If there's a group of people working towards a common goal, the people will join, and utilize eachothers' skills. It's just the way it is. With everything. So it's not too uncommon that the races are working together. Also, even if this did turn into some sort of proof that they were created from the same genus, they have their connections in different ways. The Tyranids have synapse control, where larger Hive Minds control the lesser beings that have no ability to independently think. And they do this through their brains. Psychic, it's called. The Tau are complete psychic newbies. Not one Tau has ever come across the power to use telekinesis. Both races are run differently, they just have the goal to advance their own race, and they work together for this. Similar, but also so, so different.

Quote:
- Similar to the Zoats. again, Hoofs/hooves.
Horses have hooves. They're related to Tyranids?! O_O Nope. They aren't. Hooves are just a scientific approach towards evolution, where a certain organism grows hooves to allow it to better survive in its territory. The Tau first began in a desert covered planet, and hooves are very common in deserts. Tyranids may also have hooves to run faster, or to protect their small feet from the many painful things they may step on when charging enemies. It's just evolution.

Quote:
- Proximity to the galaxies' edge. Easy arrival by some degenerate Splinterfleet.
Are you saying that a splinterfleet touched down on T'au and began the Tau race? If so that's kind of bogus. Have you noticed that all other Tyranid fleets, when hitting a planet, immediately take over the planet they're on (unless stopped, in which case they die out), and then move onto another planet? Why would one splinter fleet land on T'au, and then stop killing, and settle down, making a race? There's no explanation. 100% of all Tyranid Fleets did not, I doubt one would.

Quote:
-Adaptability. They may not grow claws or venom, but they do adapt their guns and their castes.
Both races' adaptions are completely different. One's biological, and the other's technological. What the Tau have is just a case of normal technological development. We, as the human race have it. Sure, it's quick, and so is the Tyranids, but you don't see the Tau growing Scything Talons from their hands.

Quote:
- Ethereals.....some sort of primitive Genestealer Patriarch?
If anything they'd be a Synapse creature, as they apparently admit a sort of mental control over the Tau (which is just a rumour, but is still the only one of its kind). If this rumour is true, then there is one thing that the Tau and Tyranids have in common. However, undying patriotism is no rare happening in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The Emperor has the whole Imperium at his feet because of a few brave moves he pursued.

The whole theory on if the Tau and Tyranids are from the same genus, or beginning has become so much more common in the past few months, but it really isn't going to get anywhere, as the similarities you might find in Tau and Tyranids are either visible in the other 40k races, or are just scientific in some ways.

Interesting topic, though.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 09:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Yeah, what he said! Tau and Tyranids are different at every turn.

Tau (or just the Ethereals) were created either by the Eldar, Old Ones (although this seems unlikly) or my little friend, Evolution (WHICH SEEMS MOST LIKELY!).

This topic is always fun to debate though
Old 19 Dec 2006, 09:35   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Tyranid technology is Biological.

Tau technology isn't....

They are nothing alike.

Nids - kill all

Tau - Save all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 09:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well said, straight and to the point, besides, why would Nids make something??? And if they did make somethign they would eat it staright after!
Old 19 Dec 2006, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think what he's trying to say is that the Tau are a lost fleet- like the codex speaks of the Catachan devil having no evolutionary history, so may be a "lost" Tyranid.

So does anyone know if there is an evolutionary realm for Tau? Are there Tau-lizards and Tau-cows (hey that rhymes)?

Seems to me that Tau are a little shrimpy and herbivourous to be very Tyranid. Quite frankly, I think Kroot would more likely be candidates for splinter fleets, but we know there are krootox, kroot hounds, kroothawks. Unless those are recent evolutions....
Old 19 Dec 2006, 20:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually that brings up a very good point. I have a feeling the Hounds, Oxes and Hawks are not to recent, but more recent then the Nids arrival anyway... The Nids could have some connection to the Kroot...
Old 19 Dec 2006, 22:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Quote:
Who made the Tau? I don't know....but its always fun to speculate.
Not always. Discussion like these are sparks.

Quote:
Comment, Criticise ( bet there will be a lot ) or Praise.
I'm just posting this to see what people think.
What I think? I think the Tau evolved similarly to humans, until they were miraculously saved by the... ethereal or Aun, I don't remember. That and notions of the greater good stamped their race into order. I'm not very fluent with Tau fluff.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:09   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeless One
Actually that brings up a very good point. I have a feeling the Hounds, Oxes and Hawks are not to recent, but more recent then the Nids arrival anyway... The Nids could have some connection to the Kroot...

The Hawk was the very first Kroot-form, as the evolved from an avian heritage. They now worship the KrootHawk as being like the forefather, or ancestor of Krootkind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think afew of my points were missed. What is a Splinter Fleet? a group of Tyranids who got cut off from the main group. Where did the Feral Genestealers of Ymgarl come from? Or the Zoats? Or the Tiamet system? Or the strange beasts of Ouroboris? Or of course, the Catachan Devil? They were ALL Tyranid-related, but they didn't eat planets, or any of that. Even Genestealers don't consume worlds, they just reproduce like any organism...its only their unconcious mental calling which the Hive Fleet comes to. Besides, it does not matter if it is Biological or mechanical adaptation, it is STILL adaptation. Also, about horses, This Warhammer universe is VERY interconnected.......But hey, I don't care. Just speculating.