Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Imperiums discovery of the Necrons?
Closed Thread
Old 08 Dec 2006, 05:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition
Default The Imperiums discovery of the Necrons?

How and when did the Imperium discover the Necrons? My friend keeps claiming that they were very first encounter when they killed a detachment of Space Wolves, but I'm pretty sure hes just saying that because I'm a Space Wolves player. Does anyone know exactly how and when this happened? Thanks!
Old 08 Dec 2006, 05:10   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: The Imperiums discovery of the Necrons?

The Imperium has been encountering vague rumors of the Necrons since at least the 38th millenium. They started finding Necron ruins on Angelis and Naogeddon three-thousand years before that, but nothing concrete came of that research (most of the explorators simply disappeared).

The Imperium's first confirmed encounter with the Necrons was in space in 39,666, in the Yuctan system.

The first confirmed military encounter with the Necrons on the ground was made by an Adeptus Sororitas force in 40,897, although the Elysians may have encountered them in the 38th millenium (unconfirmed).

I can't say I have ever seen anything linking the Space Wolves to the Necrons, though. See if he has a source for it.
Old 08 Dec 2006, 19:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It also remains yet to eb seen if the 'Machine God' is connected to the C'tan called the Dragon. If so the Adeptus Mechanicus may have been in contact with Necrons and no know it.
Old 08 Dec 2006, 20:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to spacmarine2000

As far as i remember, that whole Dragon C'tan thing on Mars was all a fake, and was suposed to be GW final mass campaign for the 40k universe bevore it went under.

As for contact with the Necrons, I do recall that with the old Necrons, of which there were few models, were treated by GW as radiers, forming small parties and striking settlements for no apparent reason. But this was still millenia ago, and i dont recall anything abot a Space Wolves encounter.

Cheers, spacmarine2000

Add me if you like, the more the merrier! http://www.myspace.com/oh_pwndizzled
Old 10 Dec 2006, 16:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I just read in the Witch Hunter's codex that the first Necrons encounter was when a group of Necron Raiders appeared at a Battle Sister convent and totally massacred them.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Funny that. The first (and possibly only) Necron battle report in 2nd edition was against Sisters, who were defending a convent. They got totally massacred.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Old 12 Dec 2006, 12:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Losavo Send a message via Yahoo to Losavo

So, if no one has seen the Necrons and there have only been small sightings of them and fewer actual army engagements... Are they an actual threat? If there's loads of them about the universe [as there very well may be] then we ought to be changing our trousers right about now. But if they're still dormant, they're a threat but not one that needs to be totally concentrated on now.

We do exactly what it says.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 18:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
Funny that. The first (and possibly only) Necron battle report in 2nd edition was against Sisters, who were defending a convent. They got totally massacred.
Yup! There's a lot of small White Dwarf battle reports that become cannon is various codexes. If you know what to look for they're great fun to find and spot! See GW isn't entirely soulless [size=6pt](yet)[/size]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 03:23   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'd like GW to do a little bit more with the Necron fuff mostly their defeat and the Eldar's part in it. Maybe when they finally get a updated codex. At the pace the necron are moving... The Ork will be on Terra.
Pursue success in serenity
And service to the Tau'va
With Pride
Shas'O T'au Shi'ur

Shas'O Sa'cea Tri'dos Mont'yr (Shas'O Quick Strike)

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...s=&forumid=137
Old 13 Dec 2006, 03:26   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStrike
I'd like GW to do a little bit more with the Necron fuff mostly their defeat and the Eldar's part in it. Maybe when they finally get a updated codex. At the pace the necron are moving... The Ork will be on Terra.
As I recall, the Necrons were never actually defeated. The Enslaver Plague was just wiping out most of their food supply, and they put themselves into statis in order to ride it out.
Closed Thread