Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do eldar ever change?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Dec 2006, 21:37   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Do eldar ever change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saim Yirraith
I didnt say that corsiars never return
Actually, yes you did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saim Yirraith
Once a Dark Eldar, always a Dark Eldar, or Hariquin, or Corsair...
Old 16 Dec 2006, 01:44   #22 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh the Craftworlders are just jealous that the "Dark Kin" saw the Fall coming before they did.

No they didn't? Most of the Dark Kin were eaten at the moment of the Fall. The only reason any of them survived is Slannesh got full before she ate them all. The Fall was the reason the Craftworlders originally left. The Dark Eldar were those who didn't heed the warnings, stayed behind, and managed to survive.

Vect was one of the first to leave, you know, with his entourage. Which makes him really, really old...

Didn't Vect leave shortly after the Fall? I seem to remember him being a sacrificial victim who was saved by the Fall. Wasn't he the one who discovered that Slannesh wouldn't leech their souls as quickly in the Webway?

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 16 Dec 2006, 01:55   #23 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I'm pretty sure I read that Vect got fed up with his brethren and left, just before the Fall...

Ah nevermind... I guess you're right.

I swear I read about some faction (not Craftworlders) leaving just before the Fall happened.

Maybe I was mixing the story of Arhra up with someone... or maybe I'm just goin insane again. :shifty:
Old 17 Dec 2006, 02:18   #24 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS

I believe it was the Exodites that nicked off before the fall, then the Craftworlders left. Whoever was left got their minds exploded and their souls eaten when Slaanesh was born and the survivors of pleasure cults became Dark Eldar.

If you ask me there were probably some non-dark/craftworld/exodite Eldar that survived the Fall, but who knows I'm just speculating.

Quote:
Didn't Vect leave shortly after the Fall? I seem to remember him being a sacrificial victim who was saved by the Fall. Wasn't he the one who discovered that Slannesh wouldn't leech their souls as quickly in the Webway?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure thats what it says in "A Torturers Tale" on the GW website

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Old 17 Dec 2006, 23:32   #25 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith_XS
If you ask me there were probably some non-dark/craftworld/exodite Eldar that survived the Fall, but who knows I'm just speculating.
Possibly, but with no protection from Slaanesh, they would not have survived for very long. The Exodites and Craftworlders already had some protection in place, and the Dark Eldar figured out how to protect themselves shortly thereafter. But if you are not willing to drain souls as they do, and you don't have a way of storing your spirit after death, you are not going to survive as an Eldar.
Closed Thread