Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do eldar ever change?
Closed Thread
Old 14 Dec 2006, 08:23   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer
Default Re: Do eldar ever change?

Hmm, I dont know, the Harliquins seem a bit more, mysterious to me then, wrong place wrong time fighters. the eldar work in strange ways to accomplish unknown goals, the harliquins are even stranger, as at least there is a shread of sence in Eldar actions (to reclaim what is rightlfully theirs) but with Harliquins, and their Laughing God, whos knows what their up to.

As for the actual question (the reason for this thread) DE and Eldar will NEVER join, even in the last fight against chaos (it will come boys, you wait and see). As for Craftworlders visiting other craftworlders, id say generally no. Each Craftworld is its own 'world' and so has its own motives, ambitions and desires. Unofficially id say yes of coarse. A fleet from beil'Tan will stop off at another craftworld as would most other races, to their other plants to, restock, rest and reprepare.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 10:42   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

'Dark Eldar', 'Corsair Eldar', 'Exodite', 'Craftworld Eldar'...they're all just headings. They're all eldar.

It may be debatable whether a Warrior in a Kabal would simply want to join a Craftworld, but providing he simply turns up and inducts himself into the Path, and obeys the customs of the Craftworld...why not?

Misguided kin are allowed to 'see the light', why wouldn't they be?

In the same respect, imagining a disillusioned Craftworlder simply getting up one morn and disappearing off into the Webway in search of a band Dark Eldar raiders would nto see terribly odd. It's more difficult to imagine but we *can* flow with it.

A Striking Scorpion, say, is in a Battle, nearest webway portal is offline and he's the only one left. It's just him and some humans left on the field, all kinda injured and not in fighting form. His Spirit Stone is lost, someone's managed to cut it, break it or otherwise damage it beyond functionality. He's got no way of getting home. He can feel the predation of Slaanesh upon his soul...leeeching, sapping, tugging. In an effort to get rid of this feeling he takes out some of the frustration on the humans. As they die he feels emersed in their life essence, sort of like he can hide behind that from Slaanesh, maybe even make his own better with theirs...

The next Eldar to show up on the scene is a Raider with a half squad (5 or 6) Warriors on it, clearly of Commoragh. The only choice for our 'fallen' Scorpion, now, is to hike back with them, or stay put, all on his own with no soul-stone.

I can see such a thing as quite possible, as well as a multitude of other possibilities.

So: yes, I imagine Eldar do move between the various sects of society. Corsair Eldar becoming Dark Eldar, Commoraghan Exiles becoming Corsairs, Exiled Craftworlders becoming Corsairs, Exodites emmigrating to a Craftworld.

And some of any of them may be fit to join the Harlequins.

Question: Do Eldar leave the Harlequins?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 13:44   #13 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I cannot imagine a Harlequin can ever quit; it would be like a Grey Knight quitting. Once you don the spandex, you wear it until death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Dec 2006, 01:24   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

Isn't there some fluff where the Dark and Craftworld Eldar fight against a common foe? I swear i've read it somewhere...
Old 15 Dec 2006, 02:04   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Maybe fight, but never join...

And on my last post I should have said that Eldar would sometimes give into their old ways and go with the Dark Kin, but Dark Kin would never join Eldar again, nor would the Eldar let the dark kin join them. Once a Dark Eldar, always a Dark Eldar, or Hariquin, or Corsair...
Old 15 Dec 2006, 03:21   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Dark Kin or Harlequin yes, but you're talking out of your hat if you think that Corsairs never return home - look at Yriel, there's a heck of an example.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 03:34   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I didnt say that corsiars never return, just dark kin...
Old 15 Dec 2006, 10:56   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

It may be debatable whether a Warrior in a Kabal would simply want to join a Craftworld, but providing he simply turns up and inducts himself into the Path, and obeys the customs of the Craftworld...why not?

If a Chaos Marine rocks up at an Ecclisarchiacal (is that word?) Chapel and starts worshipping the Emperor, what do you think the reaction would be? Both Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines represent what happens when the society of the race in question collapses. Dark Eldar are the anethema of everything the Eldar stand for. Eldar have never been a forgiving race, and as such I'd doubt one of the Dark Kin would even get the chance to explain himself. You can't just walk into a Craftworld without being pumped full of shrukien if you're not welcome.

Isn't there some fluff where the Dark and Craftworld Eldar fight against a common foe? I swear i've read it somewhere...

They both view Chaos (and perhaps the Necrons) as a more dangerous enemy then each other. And both hate the Mon - Keigh. It's very plausible that they'd end up fighting together at some stage. It's fairly unlikely that they'd be forced to fight side by side (they are more then capable of running away from massive battles, and would rather do so) but they probably won't attack one another while more dangerous enemies are around.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 15 Dec 2006, 16:01   #19 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Oh the Craftworlders are just jealous that the "Dark Kin" saw the Fall coming before they did.

Vect was one of the first to leave, you know, with his entourage. Which makes him really, really old...
Old 15 Dec 2006, 22:00   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O Shir'Rin
They both fought Ahriman of the Thousand Sons during the Eye of Terror Campaign when he penetrated the webway and went searching for the Black Library