Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperator Titan
Closed Thread
Old 26 Nov 2006, 03:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus
Default Imperator Titan

Everybody knows about the Imperator Titan. It's big, it's beweaponed, it crushes all before it, etc. However... it's silly.

Look at this.

Does that look like the ultimate manifestation of Mankind's strength? No. "Yes, maaaaster... but vhere do I put ze volcano cannon?" A Titan should not look like Igor. Period. Even the pictures I've found of the model are scarcely better.

Yeah, a church on legs is pretty cool. But, especially next to the redesigned Warhounds, it looks clunky and... not especially impressive. Look at them skinny legs! It entirely defeats the purpose!

So... has anybody given any thought to reworking the Imperator, making it less goofy like what they did with the Warhound?

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 03:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Imperator Titan

amen!
that abomination is a lego monument to organized religon on legs...
Old 26 Nov 2006, 05:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

They arn't practical weapons. They only exist to render non-Titan weaponry useless, and to destroy other Titans...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 26 Nov 2006, 05:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Reminds me of the "Mobile Oppression Palice" from Futurama...

And I STILL don't get why one would want to put a cqc weapon on a titan....

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Old 26 Nov 2006, 07:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

Bear in mind these massive war machines are built with materials, engineering concepts and mechanisms completely inconcievable to us today. I do agree that the older concept of how Titans appear should be brought in line with how modern 40K looks.

CCW on a Titan? Can you even begin to imagine the force that thing would weild? Plus, by the fluff we have on Void Shields, these monsters are borderline unkillable. Even vehicles with Titan-killer weapons struggle to damage them.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 16:34   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Can I ask why you posted up the picture of the 2nd Edition Warlord from Final Liberation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 26 Nov 2006, 18:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

To prove a point... I agree that he picture is horridly outdated (just compare the 2nd and 4th edition carnefexes), but the one under it is no better, it's so top-heavy it looks as if a strong breeze could tip it over...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 26 Nov 2006, 20:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

It may be top heavy but you have to take into consideration the fact that it probably has tons of stabilizers and it weighs at least several thousand tons, so it would still take an extremely big gun to knock that thing over regardless of it being top heavy.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 21:28   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Its a freaking chapel/ fortress on legs. Its not exactly meant for swift strikes against targets, that's what Warhounds are for.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 01:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah! These are the things that give Marny and Khorne nightmares at night. One of these could level a major city with little trouble.
Closed Thread