Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization?
Closed Thread
Old 05 Nov 2006, 23:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization?

Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization? But not be allied with the Imperium or Chaos? It'd be kinda neat.
Only then your life I will save
Old 05 Nov 2006, 23:59   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization

I'm sure there are still civilizatons out there somewhere that haven't been found by the Imperium or had contact with Chaos. Its a big galaxy.
Old 06 Nov 2006, 00:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Re: Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization?

Awsome. I'd like to create a small republic civilization for my army. Big Imp Guard conversions.
Only then your life I will save
Old 06 Nov 2006, 01:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization?

Heh. The imperium isn't even a single civilisation in reality. Imagine all the different cultures, tribes and factions on earth. Now multiply that by several billion. That's the imperium.
Old 06 Nov 2006, 15:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Is it possible for the Humans to make their own separate empire/civilization

But do any of these unknown civilizations have space travel? Do they have armed forces capable of mounting some sort of defense against xenos? Would they even be as human as Imperium humans after a couple dozen millenia?

I think if they don't have space travel or some means of defending themselves, they wouldn't be around. However, if they had those, they'd have come into contact with the Imperium, unless these civilizations are very far from the Astronomican or any Imperial world.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 06 Nov 2006, 19:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

there are many planets that all they know of the Imperium is that they hsave to send them a tithe and worship the emperror. Thats it.
Old 06 Nov 2006, 19:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to The_Greater_Good

"Worship the Emperor or prepare for destruction!" - Something along the lines of what a commanding officer would say to that civilization. :

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Old 06 Nov 2006, 20:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Greater_Good
"Worship the Emperor or prepare for destruction!" - Something along the lines of what a commanding officer would say to that civilization. :
Yes, except for the fact that the Imperial Cult embraces an extremely wide variety of religious organizations. I'm sure that almost any religion they have would just be counted as another form of Imperial worship.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 06 Nov 2006, 23:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There are plenty of small enclaves of non-Imperial human worlds throughout the galaxy. I imagine that most of them are in out-of-the-way places i.e. the edges of the galaxy, especially the eastern fringe.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Old 07 Nov 2006, 02:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
There are plenty of small enclaves of non-Imperial human worlds throughout the galaxy. I imagine that most of them are in out-of-the-way places i.e. the edges of the galaxy, especially the eastern fringe.
And even more sub-cultures within the imperium, all fighting one another for petty control.
Closed Thread