Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

(Yet More) Missing Legions Theories
Closed Thread
Old 29 Oct 2006, 20:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default (Yet More) Missing Legions Theories

Yes, still more theories on the two missing Legions of the Adeptus Astares.

I've heard that one of the Primarchs was Sigmar, our own Doctor Thunder proposed that the Legions were composed of female Astares.

Brainstorming, I had a few more ideas...
  • The Emperor was unable to find the two Primarchs; records were expunged by him out of shame.
  • He was unable to bring the wayward Primarchs into the fold; it almost happened to Angron, we all know about how Russ and Mortarion contested their fate.
  • Errors in gene-seed turned the Legions (and Primarchs?) into some kind of feral abomination like the Raven Guard failed creations and the Wulfen.
  • The Legions turned the Chaos before the Heresy; records destroyed in the hope that noone else would get ideas...

Feel free to comment or add your own ideas about what happened to the missing Primarchs and their Legions... how about Index Plotholes?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 23:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: (Yet More) Missing Legions Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
[list][*]The Emperor was unable to find the two Primarchs; records were expunged by him out of shame.
This seems doubtful to me, simply because he's the great God-Emperor of Mankind, and if he is that great he'd have expunged the fact that there were two other chapters. I suspect their "erasing" has been the prouct of either Inquisition or High Lord tampering. However, your theory about the Pre-heresy Chaos-ification is quite intriguing.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 23:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

1 of the primarchs is the creator of the grey knights, i mean cmon, who would make that funky termie armor except a primarch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:03   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Grey Knights were not created until the Heresy, as I recall.

Whatever the other two legions did, it doesn't seem like it could have been worse than what the Traitor Legions did. That leads me to believe they were expunged well before the Heresy.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Fact: Grey Knights are a 2nd founding Chapter
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Here we go again.

Anyway, here is what the legions/primarchs were not:

1) They are not the Grey Knights. The Grey Knights are a second founding chapter.
2) They are not the Legion of the Damned. The Legion of the Damned are the leftovers of the 21st founding chapter the Fire Hawks, lost in the warp at some point.
3) They are not primarchs that the Emperor failed to find. Pretty much every bit of fluff I've read states that the Emperor managed to reunite all of the Primarchs.
4) This one is just my opinion, but one of them was not bloody Sigmar. The Warhammer world and the 40k universe are separate. OK? That is just some really bad (now outdated) fluff that died with the Zoats.

Here are what I think could be the reasons for them being erased from the records:

1) They suffered from some rather nasty mutations or other geneseed instabilities and were disbanded during the Great Crusade or perhaps during or just after the Heresy.
2) They turned traitor with Horus. Unlike the other traitor legions, the Imperium managed to actually wipe these legions out, which would justify wiping them from the records.
3) They were loyalists that Horus' boys wiped out during the Heresy. Why this would have resulted in them being expunged from the records I don't know, but it's an idea.
4) They were "neutral" legions that were punished for not taking sides during the Heresy. Anyone who's seen the film Dogma (Jason Lee's character in particular) will know what I'm talking about.
5) They got "lost in the warp", went into the Halo zone or something. Again, this doesn't explain them being deleted however.

Now, what was the nature of these legions? After all, every first founding legion has some little quirk (even the Ultramarines - their "standardness" is their quirk) that marks them out from the others.

1) The primarchs, and possibly the marines too, were female. This may have something to do with their records being deleted, but I can't imagine what.
2) One of them was Sigmar. Now I reckon this is just stupid, but some people insist on it so I'm including it here.

Any other ideas?

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Old 31 Oct 2006, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

what if the lost legions where actually a scouting forcefor the emporer to go out and find more places to conquer( christopher columbus ). They remaind in contact until the heresy, but they refused to return because they thought they could not reach Terra intime to help. they decided to stay far away and to continue finding places to conquer. the emporer saw this as heresey and erased them from the records. he would have done this to keep Chaos from realizing they could expand into those regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Dakari
Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
1 of the primarchs is the creator of the grey knights, i mean cmon, who would make that funky termie armor except a primarch?
Actually, to my knowledge, the GKs were made by the Emperor Himself.
wouldn't that make the emporera primarch??
Old 01 Nov 2006, 00:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniccam
wouldn't that make the emporera primarch??
No no, it just means that the Grey Knights are even more badass than they already are. :P

My theory is that the Primarchs were killed before they were ever found by something that could actually kill one. Though this doesn't really explain why the records were expunged instead of never actually being there...

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 01 Nov 2006, 02:15   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
2) They turned traitor with Horus. Unlike the other traitor legions, the Imperium managed to actually wipe these legions out, which would justify wiping them from the records.
3) They were loyalists that Horus' boys wiped out during the Heresy. Why this would have resulted in them being expunged from the records I don't know, but it's an idea.
4) They were "neutral" legions that were punished for not taking sides during the Heresy. Anyone who's seen the film Dogma (Jason Lee's character in particular) will know what I'm talking about.
Either that or they wipe each other out. One loyalist and one traitor.

The fluff clearly states that fully half of them betrayed the emperor, and thus the other half are loyal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 01 Nov 2006, 08:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How about...

The Legions were secretly wiped from the records and sent off in the direction of the Large Magellanic Cloud, but were wiped out- they were destroyed by a Tyranid Scout fleet, which made them develop a taste for Genestealers...que Behemoth.