Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Could the Kroot take control of the Tau?
Closed Thread
Old 27 Oct 2006, 19:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Could the Kroot take control of the Tau?

Hi im new to the forums, but been lurking a while.

I've been back in the hobby for about 2-3 months after a 4 year break and after reading some info about the Tau and picking up xenology i had an interesting thought.

We all know how the kroot evolve, they also must be able to detect certain traits in species and decide whether to go down that route, well if the etheral caste are controling the other Tau castes through chemical means as it theories in xenology would the kroot be able to control the Tau after digesting some of the etherals. Im not saying this will be easy for the kroot but in theory it would be interesting, a lesser race getting saved by the naive Tau only for later to be back stabbed and taken over.

It also adds some interesting modelling obertunities and adds to the darker side which Tau seem to have laking (although some newer players seem to like the tau goody two shoes thing) :P

Anyway thanks for reading and sorry if my post is a bit random but im sure you could make it out
Old 27 Oct 2006, 19:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Could the Kroot take control of the Tau?

...This could turn into a mass of opinions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsnik
well if the etheral caste are controling the other Tau castes through chemical means
I strongly disagree with any form of 'mind control' even if its pheromones. I doubt that there is any official fluff stating the nature of the Aun on this. It is of my opinion that the Aun are more of a guiding light to the Tau, rather than sinister power gripped cotrollers...

The nature of the Aun I believe is much more akin to fascism, for instance if we draw parallels from mankinds history in the 1930s with the rise of Adolf Hitler you can see how during a dark time (mont'au) those who speak the right words and do the right actions can have almost total power and control.

Of course in the case of the Tau this has lasted for centuries, as the Aun decided to make love and peace rather than 'rule the world'. So it is of my opinion that the Tau Aun have no special 'control' over the mainstream Tau. It is just that a ledgen or myth has been brought up around the Aun. If this is true, then there is no bio-logical way for the kroot to gain 'control' over the Tau in the same way as the Aun. So the kroot cannot take control of the Tau.

On the otherhand there is the kroot military, but I doubt that any race save the Imperium (and maybe the 'nids). Could wipe out the Tau or force them into submission by force...

Genmotty
Old 27 Oct 2006, 23:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually, just about anyone could do it. Only ones who might have trouble getting the numbers together would be Necrons and Dark Eldar. Anyone else would win easily.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 00:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

That goes both ways. Tau aren't the brightest or most creative (probably hovering around an 80 point IQ), but pheromone control could work with the other species to, even eldar or orks.

Kroot would have a hard time taking over the empire, or even a single world. It might be possible, but rememberer that the tau hold all the cards.

Here is something you might like though: Kroot renegades

Old 28 Oct 2006, 00:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The vilest worm
probably hovering around an 80 point IQ
So you are saying Tau are at a mental level of retardation? National standard of retardation is roughly 80, I seriously doubt Tau are there. They've got some brilliant tactical minds, and their Earth Caste members are extremely good at developing highly advanced weaponry and wargear. I don't think they have problems thinking.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 00:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

They aren't all that bright nonetheless. They are so advanced because they work in teams, not because of individual brilliance. They do have prodigies, like commander shadowsun, but I doubt the average tau is as intelligent as a human. For one thing, they seem perfectly content to live their lives doing the same menial tasks over and over, and they have an irrational fear of dissent. The tau are afraid to live their own lives.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 01:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

wow... who thinks thta Tau have an IQ of 80... really, i mean seriously how could you possibly think that.

the Tau have a different brain structure than us, it has a front and back lobe instead of left and right. This means that we would learn and think in drastically different ways and therefore are uncomaparable.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 01:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Also note that an IQ test for a species is based on different languages, history facts/happenings, and celebrations/festivals based on the common expected knowledge for a being of that species, and is completely different then that of another species. Realistically, all but the most specialized Humans/Tau, with knowledge of eachothers' race would get a decent score. IQ tests are not the best thing to do, to use, as a comparison of intelligence come time for interaction with other species, as they're not based on the same knowledge.

There are several different reasonings for someone's intelligence without the use of a test, being smart on your feet (quick to make a logical outcome to determine the best act for a given situation), and of course common sense (for you can be the smartest person in the world, but without common sense there's nothing stopping you from charging a Space Marine with nothing but the clothes on your back and a rock in your hand).

And smart in the 40th millennium is probably a completely different thing then in present dates. Being smarter in combat is probably a much worthier skill then being smart on paper.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 02:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok, I don't know why people are still on the IQ 80 thing. I get it, that's to low. But just because they may be pulling a 90 or above on the IQ test, I still don't think that they are as bright as the other races. Again, they are willing to take orders without question. How could a person of average intelligence be satisfied with a lifetime or dull, unskilled labour? The tau do believe in the greater good, which is a noble ideal, but propaganda alone isn't enough to enslave (because that's what the average tau is, a slave) a population.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 02:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I doubt they would be able to do it. seeing as the Tau has way better space control then the kroot i doubt the kroot could get off a planet, with out being blown up. Or be able to withstand numerous attack by once allies who would be able to send in troops via space. They may be able to hold there homeworld for about a week or two.

Closed Thread