Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How long can they perform?
Closed Thread
Old 26 Oct 2006, 22:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default How long can they perform?

The question is how long can a marine perform combat operations withought the backpack, or any other power aid of his suit? I know its posible, but i'm pretty sure everywhere ive seen it the marine ends up getting shot, or is already dead(from bullet wounds). Also is the power manditory for them to survive? This comes from things I heard that marine armor is attached tho thier skin, Hell is that correct also?

I'm good at the game , and good at hobying, but my fluff is not so good. Thought the way I see it is the only dumb question is the one not asked.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 22:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: How long can they perform?

Marines survive depending on what they are fighting.

Power armour is not mandatory.

No they usually are only wearing armour in battle or battle like simulations.

A marine can perform just as long without his gear, he just won't perform anywhere nearly as well.

I answered as best as I could.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 26 Oct 2006, 22:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thengir, King of the Russ
The question is how long can a marine perform combat operations withought the backpack, or any other power aid of his suit?
Without power for the armour they would likely go without it instead of wearing it. The armour is handy but not necessary. Scout armour doesn't have the augmentations power armour does but every marine usually goes through wearing such before they don power armour. They would simply change tactics slightly to compensate.

Quote:
Also is the power mandatory for them to survive?
To use the armour yes, to survive? No. They can function just fine without it.
Quote:
This comes from things I heard that marine armor is attached tho their skin, Hell is that correct also?
In a manner of speaking, yes. The armour has interfaces that plug into links implanted in the marine through a augmentation known as the black carapace. This helps to monitor the Marines health and for the armour to respond as part of them. It also allows them to access some functions with just a thought. The armour though can be unplugged form these and the marine function just fine without.

Quote:
I'm good at the game , and good at hobying, but my fluff is not so good. Thought the way I see it is the only dumb question is the one not asked.
Very true. Hope this helps.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 22:52   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thengir, King of the Russ
The question is how long can a marine perform combat operations withought the backpack, or any other power aid of his suit? I know its posible, but i'm pretty sure everywhere ive seen it the marine ends up getting shot, or is already dead(from bullet wounds). Also is the power manditory for them to survive? This comes from things I heard that marine armor is attached tho thier skin, Hell is that correct also?

Spirit beat me to it, but Space Marine Power Armor is connected directly to the Marine's nervous system through the Black Carapace. This allows them to control certain functions of the armour, but they do not require that connection to live. Space Marines can move their armour without the power supply active, but they would be much slower. Time spent in armour varies depending on the Chapter. Some would use it only in battle, and some would wear it almost all the time.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 23:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sweet. Thanks for the quick answers guys.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 23:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

You may have been confused by the Thousand Sons. In their case, they have become their armour, essentially, and it must be totally destroyed to kill them.

Regular Space Marines just wear the stuff. Thousand Sons are the stuff.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 27 Oct 2006, 04:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

They can take the armour off, but they probably would have a hard time without help. With all the plugs and things, it may well take 3-7 hours to put it on or take it off.
Closed Thread