Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can Space Marines love?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Oct 2006, 23:03   #21 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Can Space Marines love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrion
Imagine the huge amounts of anti-depressants they must take for their PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)!
I think they're psycho-conditioned so they don't get Post Traumatic Stress. I don't think Space Marines can even experience Trauma to begin with...
Old 11 Oct 2006, 23:47   #22 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanmuX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
they would be able to breed with human females easily enough.
A Space Marine is about 3 feet taller, and his grip is strong enough to crush small rocks. You're saying this would be easy?
Tee hee. KanmuX is funny. Anyway, there've been lots of different opinions on this, all over the place. I think that they can't, for the reasons everyone else has said, and even if they can it's not easy for them. You're bred for battle. You've been implanted with nineteen different organs, and you've lived through 100 years of solid battle, nothing else. Having a relationship is a possibility? Imagine the huge amounts of anti-depressants they must take for their PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)!

On another note, it'd be interesting to write a romance based around a Space Marine. It'd let you into what Space Marines really are past all the psycho-engineering, brain-washing and genetic alteration.
..that'd make a good black library novel... hmm...
Only then your life I will save
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:30   #23 (permalink)
Shas'La

I could almost imagine the romance scene:

Brother Captain Johnson sat across the room from the human woman. It was a filthy little hovel on his homeworld, where he had been allowed to remain on a short vacation from his many duties. Of course, he now wanted to try out something that the puny guardsmen always seemed to chatter about: love.
The two weren't off to a good start, however. Johnson had just barged through the door a few minutes earlier and happened to destroy the entire doorway just by walking through it. The human woman was obviously upset, and seemed more so after Johnson sat down on the chair, breaking it. This didn't seem to bother him, however. Johnson was content sitting on the floor.
"I desire love," said Johnson, almost unconvincingly.
"What the hell are you barging into my house for, you big damn mutated freak! Go back to the damn military!" shouted the woman.
"I desire love. You will provide love," said Johnson, and the two just sat there for a few minutes, the woman staring icily at Johnson, until he asked "Is this love?"
"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!"
"Citizen, I desire love. You will provide me with love. Do not make me unholster my bolter."
"ARBITER!!! ARBITER!!!" the woman shrieked, before Johnson grasped her face in his lightning claw. The results were not pretty, and Johnson found himself leaving the small hut.

Brother Captain Johnson sat across the room from the human woman. It was a filthy little hovel on his homeworld, where he had been allowed to remain on a short vacation from his many duties. Of course, he now wanted to try out something that the puny guardsmen always seemed to chatter about: love.
This time, however, he knew he'd have better luck... a power fist did not cut like a lightning claw did.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:37   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think a better question would be "is there such a thing as love in the 41st millenium". When was the last time you saw some love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 01:21   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor

Quote:
Citizen, I desire love. You will provide me with love. Do not make me unholster my bolter."
Best Pickup line Ever ;D

I think he would be smart enough not to wear a powerfist though, unless he misunderstands what people mean by"protection":shifty:...
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 04:48   #26 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Aquilla Condoms: The Emperor Protects!

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 12 Oct 2006, 11:20   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Budha, Imagine a marine's idea of a romantic date, a flamer lit sharing of rations followed by side-by-side praying to the emperor then conquereing a few worlds then going getting into the back of the land raider for......

More praying to the emperor

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 12 Oct 2006, 13:07   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis_vyper
And they actually need the male hormones to do their development and thus the genetic structure of a marine will adapt towards these implants.
Not following you there. How is the marine's genetic structure supposed to change, exactly? You're saying that their entire genome rewrites itself?
Pretty much. I remember an early reference that noted even changes to the facial characteristics and hair color of Marines during the process. The finished Marine will generally resemble the Chapter's Primarch in subtle ways. Other genetic abnormalities will also be written, like the Canus Helix in Space Wolves and the genetic memories of Sanguinus in the Blood Angels.
Hmm. Perhaps. I can understand a little gene splicing going on, but I imagine most of the changes are not actually genetic. I'd imagine it is largely changes in the expression of genes that would change.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Old 12 Oct 2006, 13:15   #29 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The can 'love' alright.........and the women will be crying for that! :

But seriously, they are human no matter what, so they have the right to say ' From Astartes with love."
Old 12 Oct 2006, 13:24   #30 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle bug
The can 'love' alright.........and the women will be crying for that! :

But seriously, they are human no matter what, so they have the right to say ' From Astartes with love."
You dirty man...........:P And nice line with " From Astartes with love." You got this from a James bond movie didn't you?

But seeing that their size are very huge to begin with and super strengh, I think it wll be indeed hard for them to have children the niormal way. And besides if they can do that in the first place, they won't need to take geneseeds from fallen space marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Closed Thread