Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I hate a fanboy... please help me take apart his argument.
Closed Thread
Old 06 Oct 2006, 22:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default I hate a fanboy... please help me take apart his argument.

Ok, this guy made a Chapter called the Iron Dragons. his position is Horus himself, Angron himself, and Erebus, third most powerful Word Bearer to ever exist would be stupid enough to leave STCs (read multiple) on a planet they invaded in order to steal their three STCs. I know STCs are way to rare for them to have so many. He uses these at every end to justify rediculous crap when we do interactive stories, and as a writer and 40K buff I want to rip his head off!

PS this guy is the appitamy of the sore loser whiny, rules lawyer scum we all loathe, jumping from army to ar,y at the drop of a hat.
Old 06 Oct 2006, 23:20   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: I hate a fanboy... please help me take apart his argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
Ok, this guy made a Chapter called the Iron Dragons. his position is Horus himself, Angron himself, and Erebus, third most powerful Word Bearer to ever exist would be stupid enough to leave STCs (read multiple) on a planet they invaded in order to steal their three STCs. I know STCs are way to rare for them to have so many. He uses these at every end to justify rediculous crap when we do interactive stories, and as a writer and 40K buff I want to rip his head off!

PS this guy is the appitamy of the sore loser whiny, rules lawyer scum we all loathe, jumping from army to ar,y at the drop of a hat.
Well, no one was a complete STC system. It is the Holy Grail of the Adeptus Mechanicus, but they have never recovered one. A working STC system would enable to you to build just about anything the ancient Imperium invented, as well as making the design of new systems much easier. STC Templates are a little different. They are the output of the STC system, and each enables you to build one specific thing. The Imperium has quite a few of these. Not all of them are for vehicles or weapons. STCs describe the contruction of everything from appliances to buildings to spaceships. Just about anything requiring complex systems to operate requires and STC for the Imperium to mass-produce it. Most STCs are not all that "pure", which is an AdMech description that means the data is probably incomplete. There are few (like Land Speeders) that are missing critical components. As I recall in the case of the Land Speeder, there is a hard limit on how many more can be built, since the anti-grav system requires parts from a stockpile that is incredibly large, but can not be replenished by AdMech factories. Some STC templates are quite common, such as the Rhino or Chimera, while others can only be found on a single Forge World. So there are ways to make the existance of three rare templates plausible, but you would need to be more explicit on what they contained. The existance of an STC system is a much less plausible thing, and the presence of three of them in one place would be pretty incredible (as in most of the Titan Legions would be coming after them).

It would help to know a little more about the background of the "Iron Dragons". I am not sure I understand your post on them. Are they a Loyalist chapter trying to recover STCs that Chaos left behind?
Old 07 Oct 2006, 00:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They are a "Rogue Marine Chapter that was created by the adeptus mechanicus" (IE because he wanted to use the Chaos codex as the marine codex "doesn't give him enough options") that discovered STC templates that supposedly let them build Legio Cybernetika robots, titans, and teleporters capable of flawlessly retrieving thousands of troops and several titans *rolls eyes*

They are a "Legion" he says, but every time I point out that with a few exceptions, all of which have been noted, he ignores me.

Would my post and then his post help you understand?
Old 07 Oct 2006, 00:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

So he made up a CSM chapter that supposedly has super great technology?
Old 07 Oct 2006, 01:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to dasxcpickle

sounds like a [muppet]...hehe thats screwed up i mean how titans can a planet support for a war zone?~

Do not use such terms on this board in such a context - Flash
blazing furnace shall I be praised!!
Old 07 Oct 2006, 01:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Not "Chaos" "Renegade" no "Chaos" is involved just "Cybernetics" :

any way, here is the story I posted, as I actually own Word Bearers BFG, Epic and LatD stuff so I can support all of this

Suddenly explosions ripped through the Dragon's lines, a rain of fire falling from the sky as the smoke blackenned air filled with the burning comets of Dread Claw assault craft and the crimson spears of lance batteries as they gouged huge lines of destruction through the rebel marines, the world seeming to erupt into a hellish whirlwind of destruction. Many a Dread Claw got too close to the falling wall of orbital fire power, blinking from existance or plummeting to certain destruction amongst the hellish bombardment.

Maybe half made it, but that would be enough as the retro jets fired, blasting the blood slick ground into hard clay with whit hot heat. The doors slammed open and suddenly the air filled with autocannon tracers, utterly obliterating anything that moved . One Space marine after another came apart under the lethal metal rain, their cerimite armor chipped away in a shower of sparks.

The Orbital bombardment suddenly fell silent, the sky the color of blood as the ground began to shake, sonic booms deafenning as a swarm of fighters tore across the landscape, tearing apart anything not bearing the red and silver. Burning demon skulls blazonned across their tails, the Hell Blades and Hell Talons leaving the sky thick with missile contrails and deadly fire, homing in on a titan that had been crippled by the repeated lance strikes, leaving it shattered and burning. The sky clear and the LZ openned, an enormous shape slowly blocked out the sun, twisted and deformed it was slowly moving towards the cleared kill zone.

It hit the cratered rock and shattered the drop turrets, enormous ramps dropping. From within the belly of the demonic beast strode the first chaos titan, its cataracted eye moving to the sun, openning its demonicly warped maw and roaring, molten metal spittle spraying into the sky. It stepped off of the ramp more shapes, larger shapes, too many for such a ship to possibly fit getting ready to emerge, the howling of the warp, the stench of immatereum emminating from it.

More and more dread claws peppered the land scape, the proud forms stepping forth, bolters and heavier weapons clutched to their chests as they secured the perimeter, taking cover, finding the utmost perfect positions. They had done this for ten millenia; not one of them hadn't fought the Long War from its very beginning. They had spit in the eye of the Emperror. This was a vacation compared to the Heresy. Another wave began to fall, and another after that. A school of gutted, filthy, corrupted Imperial Guard drop ships bearing the insignia of many long dead regiments began to manuever on their descent vectors...

In a burst of azure light seven figures appeared amongst the disoprder, towering above their bretheren, ten feet of hunched armor. Lord Sabiel raised his long accursed Crozius to the sky, roaring his pride into the open air as he resisted the urge to let his form shift...

As one well over a thousand gauntlets slammed into breast plates and the same number of voices called forth, full of fire and zeal.

"For Kor Phaereon, For Lorgar! ALL PRAISES!"
Old 07 Oct 2006, 03:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Using the Chaos codex is actually a reasonable way to represent a renegade chapter, if it's been renegade for a long time. Of course, if it hasn't actually fallen to chaos, you shouldn't be using daemons, daemonic gifts, etc. I've played around with the idea of doing this to represent a force of Fallen Angels.

I can just about imagine a chapter being instructed by the Adeptus Mechanicus to recover some STC templates, although it's more likely that they'd go after them themselves with some Skitarii and a handful of Titans. But if the templates were for anything really serious - rather than, say, motorised feather-dusters - they'd need to go back to a Forge World to get them made. A Space Marine chapter is a strike force, not a mobile industrial base.
Old 07 Oct 2006, 17:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i would say just flip him off and never play with im again/kick him from your group.
Old 07 Oct 2006, 21:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, I beat him. I reminded him there was no proof that A) The Word Bearers started the Heresy on Aureus (read the Horus Heresy Trilogy) B) That STCs were too rare to have so many randomly lying around.

He said that because their is no proof it does exist doesn't mean it doesn't. I responded "so by your reasonning Jesus could have been resurrected as a badger, just because there is no proof to the contrary."

I think it might have let me win the argument. Anyway, I got my buddy to make an Invitee only interactive story anmd Dan won't be invited, so I'm happy.

Also note Dan was saying the Mechanicus would give Skitari and Titans to a SM cxhapter that LEFT THE IMPERIUM. thats the part that irritated me probably the most. And Abanim, their leaving the imperium is rather recent.
Old 07 Oct 2006, 22:10   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
Well, I beat him. I reminded him there was no proof that A) The Word Bearers started the Heresy on Aureus (read the Horus Heresy Trilogy) B) That STCs were too rare to have so many randomly lying around.

He said that because their is no proof it does exist doesn't mean it doesn't. I responded "so by your reasonning Jesus could have been resurrected as a badger, just because there is no proof to the contrary."

I think it might have let me win the argument. Anyway, I got my buddy to make an Invitee only interactive story anmd Dan won't be invited, so I'm happy.

Also note Dan was saying the Mechanicus would give Skitari and Titans to a SM cxhapter that LEFT THE IMPERIUM. thats the part that irritated me probably the most. And Abanim, their leaving the imperium is rather recent.
Good Lord. The AdMech don't "give" Titans to anyone. Even loyalist Chapters can only request their assistance. And the Skitaari are likewise only an attached command in most circumstances. Not even the Inquisition can really command the Adeptus Titanicus to do anything they don't want to (since the AdMech will stop fixing their stuff if they get mad.)
Closed Thread