Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Name of the Emperor?
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jun 2006, 03:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default The Name of the Emperor?

He-On-Earth, God-Emperor, The Master of Mankind.

So many names are given to the Emperor after he was put on the Golden Throne, this leads me to wonder, does anyone actually know his true name?

I am asking for the fluff fanatics here, does anyone actually know the Emperor's true name, or is it, that over the thousands of years... his name was forgotten?
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 01 Jun 2006, 04:37   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: The Name of the Emperor?

I know his name!!!
KID ROCK!!! (just kidding [size=1pt]or am i? [/size])

"nyways everybody knows that Bob is the great Emperor of mankind" attributed by the great book of stuff i said at hobbytown

Old 01 Jun 2006, 04:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to VF-7

Long answer: I think Games workshop didn't wanted that he had a name, for example, do you think that a battlecry would sound ok like this?
"For Khan and Bob the ever master of manking"

Nah, it's just like out christian god himself, He's god, his son is named Jesus, Emperor's "son" is named Horus, so..... i see no reason why Games workshop would want to give him a name other than the "Religious title", it fits the whole generalized idea of a mesiah.

Short answer: Why bother?

Edit, Crazed mongooze, well, the bible i have at my house, the one that i follow and hear in my church, it never says that God's name is Jehova... or at least, I've never heard so.
Lost are only those who abandon themselves.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 06:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-7
Long answer: I think Games workshop didn't wanted that he had a name, for example, do you think that a battlecry would sound ok like this?
"For Khan and Bob the ever master of manking"

Nah, it's just like out christian god himself, He's god, his son is named Jesus, Emperor's "son" is named Horus, so..... i see no reason why Games workshop would want to give him a name other than the "Religious title", it fits the whole generalized idea of a mesiah.

Short answer: Why bother?
That's really what I was thinking for my own "self-explaination" befored I posted. But still I thought it would be intresting if someone actually knew the Emperor's real name. Oh well, God- Emperor works well enough. ^_^

Crazedmongoose, you mind locking this?
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 01 Jun 2006, 06:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

For your information, in the bible, it is stated anywhere from 4 to around 600 times (depending on the version) that God's real name is Jehovah, or Yahweh as known in Hebrew.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Closed Thread