Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Emperors Children
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2006, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default The Emperors Children

Why do the Emperors Children keep the same name? They are not really the Emperors Children anymore.

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 17 May 2006, 17:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: The Emperors Children

They are probably to busy having fun to worry about it, plus remember they where broken up into smaller warbands. They probably don't have enough time or concern to change their name.

( Here is a fun little theory. Note: This is not fact, a fun little theory.)

Here is a another kind of "out there" theory on my behave. This is a theory and not really a fact, they do it for the irony of it all. What better way to bring an ultimate insult to the Imperium than raping and tormenting the very people they once shrived so hard to protect? Even worse is proclaiming themselves the Emperor's Children, A honor bestowed on them by the Emperor himself, only defiling the name. To a cult like like that of the Emperor, how psychologically terrifying might it be to have the Emperor's Children as your your rapist and tomenters? Not many know the nature of Chaos, and surly they do not know the traitor chapters names.

To know that the God-Emperor turned on you by sending in these defiling Marines must cause hellish amounts of psychological agony to even to the most faithful. "How could He-on-Earth allow this to happen to me? Have I not been devoted a enough? "

Kinda of a sickening thought, but yeah it's a fun theory.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 17 May 2006, 18:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually Onyioh is 100% correct. They keep the name becuase it's ironic. It's a sick joke that they take perverted pleasure in. They mention this in Index Astartes.

Pretty funny joke too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 17 May 2006, 20:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Actually Onyioh is 100% correct. They keep the name becuase it's ironic. It's a sick joke that they take perverted pleasure in. They mention this in Index Astartes.

Pretty funny joke too!
Of course I am correct, Slaanesh told me the other... I shouldn't be talking about this. Wow, I can't believe one of my theories are actually reasonable.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 18 May 2006, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Given what the Emperors Children did on Terra (which leaves the Terran citizens wary of any and all Space Marines to this day) Id say thats a very reasonable theory.

Old 18 May 2006, 23:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

What did they do on Terra?
Old 19 May 2006, 00:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Massacred countless people, performed terrible deeds (use your imagination) and fabius bile of the Emperors Children performed horrific experiments and what not just because he could and to help him unlock the secrets behind creating a Space Marine. In other words they did things so terrible that people even ten thousand years later still remember and fear it. What exactly I dont think is said but use your imagination.

Old 20 May 2006, 03:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Slanesh type things.
Old 20 May 2006, 04:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by The vilest worm
Slanesh type things.
Vash, Vilest worm, why must you beat around the bush about what the Emperor's Children did on Terra? ( No pun intended )

They simply.. Grabed all of the citizen's of Terra and... ( If you really want to know I can Pm you, or if I am allowed too I'll post it in here. Though I get creative with the Slaanesh "things". )
Old 20 May 2006, 05:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

In a nutshell, they ground up the civilians to make drugs.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Closed Thread