Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Tanks Done Right
Old 05 Jan 2010, 00:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Battle Tanks Done Right

As the title says. This battle tank, manufactured on Cerranea, is usually armed with a battle cannon and a heavy stubber, though some are armed with lascannons and/or storm bolters instead.

It features no sponsoons, no hull mount, and an extremely low profile (its a little over half the height of a Leman Russ, and only two thirds as wide.) Just the good stuff.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 00:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Re: Battle Tanks Done Right

This is a good thing. Although in order to make it legal, it should at least have a TL Lascannon rather than just one. What exactly have you named this little warpig?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 01:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, named after the lord of the morning star. :P

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 05 Jan 2010, 01:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

How would you go about making this for 40k?
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 01:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
Well, I suppose I'd treat it as a Leman Russ battle tank. The armour's actually thicker if you count the angling. It'd probably cost a bit more, though, because its smaller.

Old 05 Jan 2010, 01:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

An intelligent tank designer in the 40k verse?

Heretic!

[hr]

The extra armor on these suckers should more be made an example. The design of 40k tank/vehicles on the whole are utterly retarded on average. >

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 01:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
An intelligent tank designer in the 40k verse?

Heretic!
You may have also noticed that the pintle-mounted storm bolter still has two barrels, but has been turned sideways to make it possible to actually aim it at point targets. :P

Quote:
The extra armor on these suckers should more be made an example. The design of 40k tank/vehicles on the whole are utterly retarded on average. >
It's what they have. What they were smoking when they designed it, I don't know. But I want some... :shifty:

Old 05 Jan 2010, 01:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Ryan Thunder
Quote:
Well, I suppose I'd treat it as a Leman Russ battle tank. The armour's actually thicker if you count the angling. It'd probably cost a bit more, though, because its smaller.
No, like convert the actual model. What tank would you use as the basis for it? Predator I guess is the most similar in shape, at least with the turret.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 02:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

I would start with a model of an Abrams or possibly a newer russian/ukrainian tank, and get some plasticard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 03:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
No, like convert the actual model. What tank would you use as the basis for it? Predator I guess is the most similar in shape, at least with the turret.
Oh. That's more difficult. Well, lessee.

I've had extreme difficulty finding a model Abrams of the correct scale to use in 40K, so you'd probably want to start from scratch with foam or plasticard. Then you'd want to stick a battle cannon or lascannon on it, plus a Cerranea-pattern storm bolter. I have no idea how one would go about converting that, though.