Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warhammer 40,000: Star Empires
Old 01 Oct 2009, 03:00   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager
Default Re: Warhammer 40,000: Fractured Galaxy

For a crisis army, I'd wonder about accurate deep strike options, via the use of one-man (one-suit, whatever :P) Se'hen'ka insertion pods, which appear to be fired from naval railcannons.

That orbital bombardment?
Maybe it was a devastating railcannon strike, or maybe it was a carefully plotted combat launch of an entire crisis cadre into the heart of the enemy stronghold. Enjoy.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2009, 03:04   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

the drop pods would be for single, assassin type suits. designed for a single purpose. possibly more weapon options and better survivability. such as a 3+ invulnerable? maybe? or just feel no pain...

regular suits would come in groups like they do now, from space. but have a linking system that holds them together so they don't scatter off course.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2009, 20:33   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Guys, I think we need a purpose. Assign certain people to come up with ideas for certain factions, either fluff, rules or both, and then come together and see what we have? If we get a good chunk of ideas, I'll then petition FT to get an Alternate Universe board up where we can work on Fractured Galaxy and then when we've got it finalised we can start on a different AU with a different premise.

I'll take Eldar, fluff and rules additions, unless people have major objections. That leaves Chaos, Imperial and Tau, potentially Tau extra races. Takers?

I'd imagine you'd come up with some background that brings the forces into the position shown in the maps above, and this might clash with each other - so when we bring it back here we iron out the clashes and bang it into something workable. There's seven of us onboard, so we should come up with SOMETHING!
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2009, 20:38   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, i'll volunteer for the Tau Infantry (aka Tau Guard), but im pretty much a 40k noob ( :P), so anyone else who wants this...go ahead
Originally Posted by Shaman from DakkaDakka
Hoping for balance with GW is like hoping to live while playing Russian roulette with a glock.
SteelPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2009, 20:46   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

I'll do the rules for the Tau Battlesuit Codex. I've got experience doing wierd armies like that.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2009, 20:59   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPanther
Well, i'll volunteer for the Tau Infantry (aka Tau Guard), but im pretty much a 40k noob ( :P), so anyone else who wants this...go ahead
I'm interested in doing this section. But when it comes to fluff, I'm a necron pariah (No imagination). So unfortunately someone else would have to do that part

[hr]

@ Circus

If I got my HRDex suitably finished within the next week, could my Pirates 40k army be included, or are completely new armies not allowed.

I could try and get the PDF onto the web, but that may take a while (never uploaded anything other then images :P).
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2009, 21:57   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to PsyBomb Send a message via Yahoo to PsyBomb

I can write fluff for anything that's even remotely excusable by the way the universe works. If anyone needs ANY help with that, I can give it.

Same goes to unit balancing, assuming they'll be on roughly the same power scale as normal 40k?

Snow Forces of T'olku Sept: 3/4/2
... I like to think I'm learning, though
PsyBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2009, 22:04   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyBomb
Same goes to unit balancing, assuming they'll be on roughly the same power scale as normal 40k?
Indeed, it's just the empire sizes that differ.

In fact... I'm tempted to rename the AU to "Warhammer 40,000: Star Empires" as it makes more sense than "Fractured Galaxy"...

I PMed FT to see if we can get an Alternate Universes board, and then we may well even accept proposals for more AUs and get a whole multiverse thing going on.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 03 Oct 2009, 00:51   #19 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Warhammer 40,000: Star Empires

We have our Alternate Universes board!

Any suggestions, contributions and ideas to the Star Empires alternate universe please go in that child board, you can't miss it. Don't reply to the thread already in there (it's just a copy/paste of the OP here) as it's really only there for when this gets submerged in new stuff in 40k creations (unless a global flat out wants to merge this thread with that thread, I don't have that power*) and will be locked as soon as FT actually gives me the power to mod my own child board >_>

[spoiler=*]I don't have the power... yet.[/spoiler]

You may call me Circus.
Old 20 Dec 2010, 09:52   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
How would they get around their huge Empire when they aren't warp capable? Either wormhole technology or stargates (the in-space kind, not the on-planet kind). I'm not sure which is more plausible or more awesome, which brings me to...
The tau only have minor warp-travel tech because they live in a densely clustered star system. They don't need the full-blown "travel from one side of the galaxy to the other" thing. But when they do expand their empire past the dense region of space, I am confident the tau will think of something.
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote