Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Corporate Army Codex- First draft
Old 23 Mar 2009, 12:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Corporate Army Codex- First draft

For while I've been thinking of creating a corporate army codex, though I've recently done a bit if research on any other sci-fi corporate/private armies out there and the Mantel from Haze has already been there; so now I'm not so sure about going down the corporate army route, but this is what I've got so far.

They're human and officially part of the Imperium, but they're a semi-independent enclave that unofficially trades heavily with the Tau. They are a very opportunist force, only taking offensive action if there is a clear profit to be made (loot, resources etc). Being a relatively small force, they run a private military to setup, maintain and defend isolated Shadow Moses/Black Mesa style research/mining/petrochemical facilities. They would only assault a heavily fortified enemy position if it was part of a counter-attack defending their facilities or if the enemy possessed something of great value which would offset the loss of human resources.

Their infantry are well equipped so that it's easy to hire more staff and avoid costly lawsuits from bereaved relatives; but they're not as heavily armoured and elite as the Space Marines, since their main focus is commercial profit rather than military conquest. Other than their extensive ballistic training, they're little more than office workers at heart.

They see their enemies as merely an occupational hazard, pests. But they’re not ignorant enough to totally underestimate their foe; being obsessed with health and safety, it's quite common for entire facilities to be evacuated in situations where most other armies would successfully hold their ground. A small amount of fatalities can be forgotten through advertising and corrupt bureaucracy, but it’s too hard to reliably hide a massacre from the public; potentially damaging their recruitment campaigns. This together with their relatively small military results in a very protectionist attitude- never making ‘glorious last stands’.

Strengths:
• Very good equipment and ballistic skill for standard infantry, including heavy use of melta technology
• Personal Shield Generators- All infantry have a 5+ invulnerable save
• Laser Designators- can call in missile support similar to the Tau Markerlight

Weaknesses:
• High unit costs
• Average weapon skill, toughness and initiative
• Low Leadership value
• Necron style ‘phase out’ rule

Base infantry unit:

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ranger[/td][td]14[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]6[/td][td]4+*[/td][/tr][/table]

*5+ Invulnerible save

Base weapon:

[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]30"[/td][td]5[/td][td]Rapid Fire[/td][/tr][/table]
Old 29 Mar 2009, 14:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Corporate Army Codex- First draft

i would personally go for I 4 and S3...rangers are meant to be fast and be able to stike their opoment before the enemy strikes back

two of the best film quotes EVER:

One crow, sorrow. Two crows, joy. Three crows, a letter! Four crows, a boy. Five crows, silver. Six crows, gold! Seven crows, a secret never to be told.

Congratulations, Monkey! You just bought yourself a fighting chance!
jacktheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 08:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ya good point, though their plan has always included them with increased strength due to their power armour; using the 'power' to lift heavy cargo into freighters etc instead of powering 3+ SMarine armour. Their 30" range is the ' stike their opponent before the enemy strikes back' part, since they're not meant to be that great in close-combat anyway. Their S4 lets them pack quite a punch, but still inefficient at 14 points.
Old 04 Apr 2009, 12:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well ithink if their gun is their strike first thing...at least make them assualt2 and range 26". their armour...i think it would be to heavy for being a ranger. but thats my thoughts.if you made them 4+ armour, I-5 and 6+ inv, this could make the cost to 12pts making them more evened out.

and what about tanks,heros, leaders, other weaponry, etc.

good luck

two of the best film quotes EVER:

One crow, sorrow. Two crows, joy. Three crows, a letter! Four crows, a boy. Five crows, silver. Six crows, gold! Seven crows, a secret never to be told.

Congratulations, Monkey! You just bought yourself a fighting chance!
jacktheodd is offline   Reply With Quote