Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard Planet Army and Personal Regiment Fluff
Old 21 Jul 2008, 22:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to demitriusnassy
Default Imperial Guard Planet Army and Personal Regiment Fluff

Here is the fluff for the Chirosian Armored Guard, the world of Chira's army. (All the regiments)

Chira, a small world just east of Mars, is the sight of a major Adeptus Mechanicus facility, the Mechanarius Prognium, but is not a forge world. This facility shells out 15% of all the tanks in the Imperial Guard, and trains Imperial agents for war, mainly Techpriests and Tank operators. As such, the Chirosian Armored Guard, with their well drilled soldiers, tank crews, and heavy weapons operators, sport large amounts of Chimera APCs and other Vehicles. The mobility allowed by such a large number of transports, and the support of basilisk batteries and well trained mortar squads providing covering fire, has allowed the Chirosian Armored Guard to defend numerous worlds from the attacks of the enemy.

And now for my personal regiment, the Chirosian 501rst.

The most revered of all the Chirosian regiments, the Chirosian 501rst serves as the perfect example of what the Chirosian Combat Doctrines should be. The regiment serves as the royal guard on Chira, protecting the planet from all attacks, both inside and outside the sytem. Many a foe has fallen to the bright yellow uniforms of the men of the 501rst.

Known as the Harbingers of Chira, the 501rst relies on the strength of the regiment's numerous tanks to bring victory in war. Fully mobile in their Chimera Transports, the 501rst will launch rapid assaults on enemy lines, in which the Chimeras and other tanks will plunge into enemy ranks, blasting away with their weapons, as basilisk shells and mortar rounds scream overhead to bring raining death to the enemy, just before the Chirosian inantry charge out of their APCs to mop up the remnants of the enemy. Led by Colonel Rennek, the commander of the 501rst, this tactic becomes unstoppable as his Baneblade, the Divine Retribution, spearheads the assault, demolishing any and all enemy emplacements, before the 501rst infantry fills out in close order, a hedge of bayonets stabbing and slashing at the enemy. This tactic has won the Chirosian 501rst more battles then any other regiment on Chira, and probably many yet to have come to pass.

"You dare stand against the might of the millenia and the number of the dead?"

"..." zap. "..."
demitriusnassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2008, 11:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Imperial Guard Planet Army and Personal Regiment Fluff

It's decent but needs a couple of changes [in the Chirosian 501st part].
- Try not to mention 501st so many times, it gets a bit repetetive.
- The 'tactics' sound more like a very brief battle with hardly any detail. If you want it to sound more like tactics talk more about deployment and movement but not things like this: 'demolishing any and all enemy emplacements'. If you said: 'to remove the threat of enemy emplacements', then that would sound more tactful.

- [i]Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2008, 18:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Just a few things that should be clarified/changed.

How far east of Mars is this world(invaders would never get within a few light years of Mars, due to its inherent importance and proximity to Holy Terra)?

A single world could not churn out 15% of all IG tanks. No matter how prooductive it is, it cannot produce that many tanks. You could change this to it being allowed to produce special tanks(like having the blueprints to make a Mars Pattern BaneBlade).

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk1
RonanB1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2008, 20:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Okay Thanks. And I think that Chira would be one of the worlds responsible for Mars defense, like a first line of defense, so I guess that would be kind of far from Mars. I'd say its kind of a belt of defense worlds that protect terra, Mars, and other main human planets.

"..." zap. "..."
Old 23 Jul 2008, 20:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to D Black

May i suggest it was a planet originly colinised by the eplorator fleets sent out from mars during the massive warp storms that would certainly explain the Mars connections and yet explain the non forge worldness (word?)

Quote from: Wargamer

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
D Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2008, 21:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Okay, so what your saying is it is effectively a major, yet forgotten, world?

"..." zap. "..."
Old 24 Jul 2008, 15:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to D Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Okay, so what your saying is it is effectively a major, yet forgotten, world?
No. How would they be forgoten?

Anyways most of the worlds in the imperium where claimed during the great crusade by the emperor however a small amount of worlds were reclaimed when mars (being the forward thinkers they are) sent out a fleet to find other planets i was just suggesting that was one of their planets discovered it would explain why they have mars connections as apposed to Terran connections

Quote from: Wargamer

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
D Black is offline   Reply With Quote