Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warhammer 40,000: The End
Old 26 Jun 2008, 16:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Warhammer 40,000: The End

I wanted to get this out there as some of the things from the latest Doctor Who seem in a similar vein... annoyingly, this isn't the first time that I've had an idea that's also showed up in Doctor Who. So I wanted to put this teaser out there so you Doctor Who watchers realise that I'm not just ripping it off =P

[hr]
[hr]
  • Inspired by 5th Ed's Time of Ending and the Warhammer 80,000 thread.
  • Featuring all canon races.
  • Featuring an all-new Chaos God.
  • Complete fluff and Necromunda-inspired ruleset.
  • You will either love it or hate it.
[hr]

[i]When the stars have gone out, darkness will truly descend...

The End is coming.

Where will you be?

[hr]

+++Closing Statement, Report Omega: A Realistic Assessment of the Threat Posed by the Tyranids+++

+++For all the pessimism regarding the horror of these unholy aliens (cf. "Simply put, over the coming centuries we may be out-evolved to the point of extinction", the noble Magos Biologis Alder Garrick), there is perhaps one glimmer of satisfaction that we may gain from the inevitable fate of these creatures.

The Hive Fleets drift through the galaxies, feasting on the biomass of the planets they encounter. Indeed, we have no way of knowing how many other Hive Fleets there may be beyond the Void, nor how many galaxies they may have devoured before reaching our own. But given that the biomass of the universe must be finite, eventually there will be no more to sustain their immortal hunger; then they shall die out, last but not alone. And in this state of oblivion all will be returned to the nothing from whence it came.

I do not presume to know about you, My Lord, but I take great solace from this knowledge.+++

[i]-Magos Biologis Gant Bellerophon

[hr]

"They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void, and it will attract the others of their kind. We must choose unity or death."
-Maechu, Farseer of Ulthwé

[hr]

I don't know what year it is. I don't think anybody does, beyond guesswork. It doesn't really matter.
I look out in the sky of this particular world and I can count seven stars. They used to be innumerable! I know that the planets still exist, some habitable still, some not, but the lack of the suns chills my very being.
I feel some discomfort as regard my Tau-designed weaponry. I understand, and it has been generations since there were open hostilities between our races, but I think it's in my bone. However, I cannot argue with its effectiveness.
All we do is hang on. I can't help but wonder how long it will be until we fall off.

-Excerpted from the personal log of Jerrok Thornton, Human

[hr]

"Over the many millennia of our distinguished race's existence, our scholars have debated the exact "true" interpretation of the "Greater Good." In this age I think there can be only one possible interpretation. And that is of unity, that life is preserved."
-Aun T'el'o'don after the Tau Empire lost its first star.

[hr]

All life bears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die. It starts with anxiety. Anxiety becomes fear. The only cure for this fear is total destruction. All things live to perish. At last, life has uncovered this truth. I exist for one purpose... To return everything back to the zero world, where there is no life. In a world of nothing, fear does not exist. This is the world that all life desires.
-Nihilus

[hr]

Time not important. Only life...
-Unknown
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2008, 02:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Warhammer 40,000: The End [Teaser]

I'm excited to see how this goes. Necromunda-esque ruleset? I'm drooling. :P

I'm looking forward to it!

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2008, 20:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Warhammer 40,000: The End

Can't wait to see what's coming. Sounds great! So happy it's a Necromunda-esque ruleset.

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2008, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like

I'm going to keep an eye on this
Old 27 Jun 2008, 20:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

When I say "Necromunda-esque" I mean "Necromunda with new "gangs," weapons and equipment." The rules will be the ones you find in the Necromunda book.

However as I progress there might be a mechanic or two added... but that's hush-hush =P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 20:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Circus
When I say "Necromunda-esque" I mean "Necromunda with new "gangs," weapons and equipment."
Can't wait .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2008, 20:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey, I write stupid amounts of stuff but I'm not going to come up with a whole ruleset off my own back =P What's the point when Games Workshop has several perfectly good sets to half-inch ;D

You may call me Circus.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 22:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Double post for my usual reason of double posting in one of my projects - if I simply edit, no one will see the new stuff ;D

[hr]
There's something unnerving, and when I say unnerving I mean scary as frak, when you're in a building and all the walls get blown away. It's that much worse when it's not the physical walls, it's space itself.
-Excerpted from the personal log of Jerrok Thornton, Human
[hr]
"I had expected to know all the answers. My Faith as my shield. But now there is so little to guide me, against a foe I am not convinced I can actually fight."
-Bront, Astartes
[hr]
"No, I am not certain that this war can be truly won. Whether there can ever be a victor in the traditional sense. But what else can we do but stand against? What else could possibly be done? That is why I fight. Why do you?"
-Reaper Exarch Hallayath, Eldar
[hr]
"There's no reunion. There's just black."
-Captain Jack Harkness, Immortal, 3rd Millenium Earth
[hr]
  • LotR-inspired force selection with only two "lists." Certain choices preclude others, for example a Harlequin will not fight alongside Daemons.
  • Yeah, you read that right. Harlequins. Daemons. Same side.
  • Forces chosen from the lists may fight others from the same force, so don't worry about that either =)
  • Also borrowed from LotR is the Might, Will and Fate setup for characters.
  • Wargamer doesn't like the fluff. I didn't expect him to.
[hr]
"In the embrace of great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death."
-Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
[hr]
"There is so much less satisfaction to be gained from claiming the skulls from these creatures! Though their capability is in little doubt, nor the fact that they bleed, they lack the feeling, the emotion that makes a real opponent so gratifying. By the Gods, I would slaughter these things by the hundred under my blade for the same satisfaction I might take from ten human other opponents. But there are so much more of them to fall!"
-Briganite Garrek, Chaotic Astartes
[hr]
"This is our galaxy. Ours to corrupt. Ours to enslave. The Gods will not be denied their prize."
-Xerxeth, Sorcerer of the Black Legion
[hr]
"We'z Orkz! We was made ta fight, we was made ta win! Tha's what we do best! And we'z gonna keep fightin', an' keep winnin', 'til all dis stuff dat you can see is gone! Why? We'z Orkz!"
-Fightboss Brazgit, Ork
[hr]
  • I hope this is starting to interest you.
  • If not, I'm gonna do it anyway. Because I'm enjoying myself writing these quotes (and riffling through my Codexes to claim quotes out of context that actually fit in quite well).
  • Don't worry, even if you don't like the fluff, you might find the ruleset quite cool =)
  • You'll notice I haven't specified a year. That's intentional. It's around 45-50,000, but it's supposed to be vague. I won't be referencing dates.
  • Oh yeah, and don't ask me why the Ork quote is in Comic Sans MS - I just thought it fitted quite well!
[hr]
[hr]
The End is coming. 14th July 2008.

You may call me Circus.
Old 03 Jul 2008, 19:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Captain Jack Harkness?

And I thought you said you weren't ripping off Doctor Who
Old 03 Jul 2008, 19:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This ounds class. I'm afraid that the fluff has got me hooked ;D.

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk1
RonanB1011 is offline   Reply With Quote