Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex: Carnage (A Warhammer 40,000 short story)
Old 22 Jun 2008, 18:49   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Codex: Carnage (A Warhammer 40,000 short story)

The sound of gunfire filled the air. The Kroot Mercenaries faced off against the Tyranid horde. With the main Tau force still in the city, all the Kroot could do was kill as many as possible. The Kroot were outnumbered nearly 5 to 1. After a battle that only took about 5 minutes, the screams of the Kroot warriors filled the air, as the Tyranids devoured the loyal mercenaries.

The sound of their dying companions sent shivers down Phios'savah's spine. The Swarm was coming, and coming soon. He had to be prepared. The lines of Firewarriors stood ready to rain Pulse fire on the enemy. A few minutes passed, when the Tyranids becvame visible charing over the hill, their numbers outstanding. Phios'savah knew that the time was now, and ordered his Firewarriors to rain hell on the swarm. Blue light filled the air, and gaunt after gaunt fell to the tremendous firepower. But no matter how many gaunts they killed, more just kept coming, and soon they would be upon them.

Hammerhead railgun fire blew apart sections in the swarm, but more Tyranids just came over the hill. Phios'savah ordered his whole army to fire upon the Tyranids, trying to stop them from reaching his ranks. Pulse fire lit up the sky like a flashlight in a dark room. Tyranids were dying everywhere, and for a moment, it seemed like they would hold off the Tyranid advance, but the endless swarm just kept coming, and soon, they were upon the Tau.

The swarms of Tyranids came upon the Tau ranks, and now it was the Tyranids turn to do some killing. Firewarriors dropped dead everywhere, and the ranks of the Tau got weaker and weaker.

Once again, Phios'savah ordered full firepower on the ranks of Tyranids, but it was useless. There were too many of them, and all hope seemed lost. It was then when the sound of dying gaunts came very rapidly. Phios'savah looked overhead, to see a Manta firing at the swarms of Tyranids. Reinforcments had arrived, and they couldn't have picked a better time to show up. The Tau forces were once again very strong, and they fired upon the enemy. The Tyranids dropped like a rock, and before long the first wave of the Tyranid swarm was defeated, however, at a very big price. The Tyranid had done a lot of damage to the Tau army. Many Firewarriors lost their lives, and Phios'savah mourned all of the losses. But they had won round one of the massive war still to come, and for that, he was glad.

To be continued...

Tell me what you think!
Old 24 Jun 2008, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Codex: Carnage (A Warhammer 40,000 short story)

I like it, made for a good and enjoyable read.

Look forward to the rest.

Just 2 things though:
- Use the Spell Checker
- 'flashlight in a dark room' doesn't seem appropriate for the situation. Maybe, 'flame flickering in the pitch black night' sor something similar to that. I just think that would fit better with the context.

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2008, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Codex: Carnage (A Warhammer 40,000 short story)

ok, thanks for the suggestions! I'll get working on the second part soon!