Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nurgle Lord Mercurius [rules and model C+C welcome]
Old 16 Jun 2008, 17:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Nurgle Lord Mercurius [rules and model C+C welcome]

this is a nurgle biker lord i thought up whilst looking through my codex. i have put the model up before but wanted to do it properly.

Mercurius, Messenger of Nurgle

Once a Sergeant among a Raven Guard bike company, he was wounded during combat against Orks. His body was never recovered despite many searches.
During a raid on a settlement, strange forms were seen moving about a mountain range, it appeared like a ghost, flashing in and out of existence.
At battles end, a squad of scouts were sent up to investigate, three days passed without communication.
Another squad was sent; they found a group of five emaciated and sunken bodies. The form was never discovered.

In truth, Sergeant Mercurius had escaped the Orks, he repaired his bike as best he could and made his way from the battle by the shortest route, he climbed into the range of dark spires and crevices. Up there, in the mountains, he started his short journey to death, his arm had been pulled away from his body, taking a handle from his bike with it after a clothesline strike from a power claw. His superhuman body couldn’t heal his grievous wound and he slipped in and out of life as it bled vast pools across the rocks.
It was then that he heard the warming, hoarse whispers of an old man. He looked around to see nothing and put the voices down to madness.
In his sleep he tried to find the voice, he dreamt. He walked through a large wooden door, upon setting foot in the following room, his remaining arm was pulled forward, he had to run to keep up with this force, it dropped him in the centre of a circular room. On the floor lay the mark of the Great Grandfather. He looked upon the face of an old man sat upon a dripping throne; he spoke again, the words of his master. He walked up to Mercurius and placed a coin upon the palm of his Power Fist. As the Sergeant looked upon it he felt a surge of power enter the room, he looked at the old man. With one word Mercurius knew of his doom. ‘Enter’ the old man croaked. The surge rose to the ceiling in a foul green light, it span slowly down towards him. He looked upon the coin and screamed in pain as it buried into his hand, he felt it carving through muscle and bone; it sat there, in the very centre of his hand, as if forcing it open. The surge then spiralled down into the gaping hole and the moment it was inside, the coin rose, sealing the force within him. He opened his eyes in disgust to witness a glow from within his palm.
He climbed onto his bike, attempting to hold the stump of his handlebar for control. As he revved up he felt his legs seizing up, he looked down to see foul liquids latching onto his legs, he tried to pull them free but every time he managed, more clutching whips of sinew lashed out and grabbed him, they struck and buried themselves into his legs, digging into his flesh and latching to his bones. Both of his legs were stuck fast, he tried to move them but they could only bend. His entire bike was being covered in this essence, his guns had been fused together unevenly, the ammo packs mounted in the bike shield were both pulled free by it and in it’s place were foul tubes connected to a sack hanging from the front wheel guard.
The empty shoulder then started to twist and writhe, sinewy muscle started to grow from the bone, it wrapped around itself and grew longer, the tissues around the bone following suit. After hours a mass of waving tendrils had grown and attached themselves to the broken handlebar.

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mercurius[/td][td]240[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]8[/td][td]5(6)[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]3*[/td][td]10[/td][td]3+[/td][/tr][/table]Weapons and Equipment: Hand of Nurgle, Fusion Bike, Frag grenades, Mark of Nurgle, Personal Icon.

Special Rules:
Fearless
5+ invulnerable save
Feel no pain
Independent Character

Hand of Nurgle: a large daemonic fist, it’s possessed with a Greater Unclean One that sucks the life force of those it touches, if Mercurius fails to quench this hunger then he will be drained. It augments his strength but hinders his strikes. He uses the momentum of his bike to give extra speed to his attacks.
It is a Daemon weapon but follows the following rules rather than those in the codex:
He gains an extra D6 A’s, they ignore armour saves and doubles his strength. Rather than rolling 1 on D6 to be hit, he is struck whenever he fails to wound a model. It wounds him automatically and ignores his armour save. He cannot use Feel No Pain on these attacks. He can still attack if he is it by his own weapon.

Note: this rules was changed to somewhat balance out the following rule, I decided that since he was going to be so tough to beat he might as well suffer a huge drawback.

Fusion Bike: Mercurius’ steed, many centuries ago he was fusing with it, creating a single entity. Now, he has fully morphed into his bike, his already large bulk boosted massively by the bikes size. He can only suffer ‘Instant Death’ by weapons of S 10 but has a T of 6. It confers Feel No Pain due to the size and daemonic fusion.

hope you like. please critique. or just ignore it with glee.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 18:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Nurgle Lord Mercurius [rules and model C+C welcome]

Thats a very nice model and back story. However i have 2 problems.

He has a very large shoulder pad, it looks too smooth, i would maybe try and cut it down a bit. And secondly, The deamon weapon wounding him if he fails to wound an enemy.
That is a bit harsh, he could essentially kill himself in one turn of combat!! i would maybe say he can onl;y lose one wound per round of combat from the deamon weapon, just to make it a bit better.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 19:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

thanks dude. i had forgotten i put this up...
he has done pretty well in CC, as expected i guess. but he usually copes well with his weapon. i realised that he couldn't be injured if attacking vehicles...

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
Old 13 Jul 2008, 19:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think the model is great! ^^ But One tiny thing I don't like is how the wheel is attached to the main bike with a fungus thing. I can just think that it would snap off when he drives away...
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 20:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

um. hmm, you mean the sac hanging off on one side?

cos thats the only bit i see that you might be mentioning. and, thats only grown off of the metal. i tried to make it look like the desease is trying to attach the wheels firmly to the bike, so it is done like the wheel is peeilng from the effect.

Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
Old 13 Jul 2008, 21:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

No, I mean on the picture with the front view. On the top of the wheel.
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 22:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

well as stated earlier then. i wanted it to look as though it was trying to take over the bike, so i had the plague stuff attaching to the wheel, being pulled apart by the movement.

Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
Old 20 Jul 2008, 20:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Very annoying mold line on his powerfist, but a great conversion and model.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2008, 22:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

thanks for pointin that out. its suprising what u miss with stuff like this. well, for me at least...

Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
Old 22 Jul 2008, 11:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice model you've made there .

As for the rules, I don't a Great Unclean One would possess a Lord's Power Fist. It doesn't seem right. I wouldn't have a problem if it was a Nurgle Daemon but a GUO seems too powerful, if Mercurius was as succesful as other Chaos Characters, like Abbadon then it would suit better. That's my opinion though, in the end it's up to you.

- [i]Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote