Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Keeping Cultists
Old 28 Apr 2007, 15:37   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Keeping Cultists

[size=18pt]Keeping Cultists[/size]

Why Keep Cultists?
Cultists are useful for a number of reasons. They can do the menial tasks, such as cleaning out your choas hounds, killing the weak and the infirm and for the occasional sacrifice.

How to feed them?
You can generally give cultists anything to eat, nails, bricks etc. Although if you want them to live very long, you could give them meat and avoid anything poisonous.

Do Cultists require water?
Some would say yes, some would say why waste water? I am of the opinion that you can give them water, the browner the better!

How do I keep them loyal?
Ceremonial duties keep my cultists loyal, and the occasional beating and even the odd killing works wonders for morale. If after all the beatings, they are still wanting to disband your coven, simply kill them all and start again .

They keep asking questions and saying stuff, what do I do?
There are number of options to resolve this. Firstly, you can constantally wear ear plugs. But if your hearing is valuable to you, then I'd highly recommend sowing their mouths shut. But then you would also have to get some sort of food into them somehow. Intravenus drips are an option here. And they get the added bonus of being able to administer drugs to them without them knowing.

What are the best armed with?
I wouldn't recommend giving them heavy bolters or any other heavy weapons. In general cultists is a pretty poor shot. Consider giving your cultists stuff like knives, throwing stars and sticks to beat your enemies to death.

Where do I keep them?
You can keep them anywhere, including but not limited to, dungeons, cells, in chains and even in their own houses!

I have one. How do i get them? Do I plant som cultistlings, or set up an ad at the local Evil'R'Us or...?
You can get Cultists in any Imperial city! Simply look in the wanted adds for "Book clubs", "Library openings" and "Games Workshop events." You'll find plenty of open minded people there, who you can sway to your banner by simply wearing power armour and being threatening. If all that fails, you could always look in the "men seeking men" column of the local newspaper and ring a few numbers, but that's only recommended if your a Slaaneshi Lord.

So how do you extract information from a Slaanesh cultist?
I find asking them and threatening them with their lives works some of the time. If you really need information, simply put them in some pants with the bottoms removed and then into a room with your Slaanesh chaos hounds are kept and let the Chaos Hounds have their unholy way with the Cultist. That'll just about get the info you want out of anyone, even Inquisitors!

How do you propose one deals with AI investigators?
Look them up of course! They can't investigate anything if their being ripped apart by Bloodletters!

How many is a proper number of cultists to keep?
I'd say the more the merrier! You can never have too many slaves/sacrifices/cleaners!

My cultists are all psychers and are called Thrall Wizards. For some reason the mortality rate is very high. How can I keep my Thrall Wizards alive longer but still perform their job?
Simple! Get more Tzeentchian Aspiring Champions you fool! But if you've grown attached to your Thralls, simply don't stick that dagger in their guts also works wonders!

If you just want them to "spill their guts" why don't you just get a psychic to read their minds?
Well, if your a Khornate gentleman (like they exist :P), you don't have a psyker on hand, and you have to resort to other methods. Beatings seem to work wonders on killing them, oh wait you want them to give you info, in that case then, I'd suggest giving them to your Tzeentchian allies .

Are Cultists better then Chaos Hounds?
I'd say no. Chaos Hounds are semi-loyal, vicious little critters, wheras Cultists are semi-loyal wastes of space without spines (both on and off the battlefield - they generally run away and then I remove their spines myself after the battle).

How good are they as munitions? See, I've got some Iron warriors as friends and they were complaining that they always have too many cultists, but not enough shells... Are they good for that?
You can always fire cultists from your ordnance, but don't expect the usual explosive results with standard cultists. I've found that I can fire them from my Defiler's cannon, after I've fed them a diet of nitroglicerin. Aternatively, you could always give them an explosive charge and then fire them.

Also, what's the best way to disguise or hide your Cultists?
Well I go for the traditional look for my cultists, they wear no clothing and have lots of piercings! Although I suppose you could also disguise them as guardsmen if you so wish. Alternatively, you could always hide your cultists away from the public gaze.

Me, being a thousand son, find it very hard to find cultists that are interested in Tzeencth. Sure I can get some psychers and a few politicians, but I can never appeal to the "little man" and so have few numbers. How can I solve this problem?
Question answered by EmblazonedMauveGearbox
I can answer this one relatively easily. Simply tell different people that you stand for different things. So if a psycher comes through your door say that tzeentch is all about giving power to those with psychic powers, if a politician comes through your door say that tzeentch is about changing th governmental system so that the Imperium has less power over the world and he individually has far more, but if a common worker comes through the door tell him tzeentch is all about changing to a democratic system for the common man...now technically since you included change in all these descriptions your at least telling part of the truth. Then, after the cultists have all gone and rebelled or whatever you want them to do...you just kill them or make up some excuse why all their wildest dreams haven't come true (something about having to liberate the rest of the star system or some such nonsense) and if they keep asking questions just send those nifty rubric terminators after them while no one else is looking and say they got killed/tortured by X enemy to enrage the rest of your cultists and just keep on going.

It's not that hard to convert people to tzeentch...everyone wants something to be different so just tell them that's what you're trying to change (usually it's something like the local government...a system unfair to regular people or something else suitably boring and unimaginative on their part.

[hr]
[size=13pt]Cultist News:[/size]
This just in! You can end your Nurgle Cultists food/waste worries! This way you'll get Cultists who are self-cleaning and who provide their own food! Simply teach them to eat their own excrement and drink their own urine! That'll end their food problems for good!

[hr]

Is there any more questions you guys want to know about keeping cultists?
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 16:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Keeping Cultists

[glow=red,2,300]Lol![/glow]

Funny, funny...
Firewarrior26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 17:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have one. How do i get them? Do I plant som cultistlings, or set up an ad at the local Evil'R'Us or...?
Old 28 Apr 2007, 18:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've heard disturbing rumours that it is impossible to torture a Slaanesh cultist as they are addicted to the pain/pleasure of torture. A story has been circulating among us WH players.

A Witch Hunter ]I[ used an anaesthetic, on a Cultist without disclosing what he was administering. The cultist jumped for joy with the gleeful expectation that he would be slowly poisoned or tortured by the concoction The ]I[ said nothing just continuing his ministrations for several hours. The Cultist becomes agitated and berates the Witch Hunter for not interogating him properly... and is shocked to hear that he's already "spilled his guts" literally as his innards are hanging down to the floor.
He never does confess!

So how do you extract information from a Salaanesh cultist?

bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 19:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe
I've heard disturbing rumours that it is impossible to torture a Slaanesh cultist as they are addicted to the pain/pleasure of torture. A story has been circulating among us WH players.
I've heard reports of Slanneshi cultists actually laughing themselves to exhaustion while being whipped or having their skin removed.

Really, though, recently Amnesty Intergallactic has been investigating several cults for alleged "abuses" of cultists.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 19:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I have one quick question...

How many is a proper number of cultists to keep?
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 19:36   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
I've always just kept them in my basement.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 21:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm a more "new-age" Chaos Lord, I keep my Cultist happy. They perform alot better, I think, when you give them pep-talk and Chainswords.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 22:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Really, though, recently Amnesty Intergallactic has been investigating several cults for alleged "abuses" of cultists.
" BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD " - same as chaos deals with any beakies and arbites.

Quote:
I'm a more "new-age" Chaos Lord, I keep my Cultist happy. They perform alot better, I think, when you give them pep-talk and Chainswords.
You call yourself a Chaos Lord!!! GAHHH ! They are insects they are dung between our toes ... paethetic creatures ... lower then worms.
They are useful to pillage and rape arbite towns but thats it. Cultists openly display the marks of their Chaos Gods, so let them had rise up from the gutters, murdering, raping, burning, torturing, and overwhelming the hysterical populace with pure ferocity. But when the real deamonic army arrives they are there only to serve us.
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2007, 22:42   #10 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

My cultists are all psychers and are called Thrall Wizards. For some reason the mortality rate is very high. How can I keep my Thrall Wizards alive longer but still perform their job?