Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial guard fluff (comments please)
Old 08 Apr 2007, 10:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Imperial guard fluff (comments please)

This is the fluff for my guard army, the Tenboran 27th "trench rats"

The planet Tenbora V is of little interest to the Imperium, its main contribution being the grox meat that feeds the imperiums multitudes. It breeds tough, resilient people who led a peaceful lifestyle albeit in the harsh arid environment of their homeworld.
This changed when a huge ork Waaagh erupted in a nearby system, carving a bloody path of destruction until they landed on Tenbora V. The Tenborans however had not been idle. A massive line of trenches and fortifications lined the main continent, manned by every able bodied human on the planet...

Trooper Lyles barley registered the alarm sirens as he dragged himself out of the muddy hole he had called home for the past month. Grabbing his lasgun Lyles climbed up to the firing step and peered out over no mans land. Shapes moved in the thick cloying fog as tracer bullets whipped past his head, screams could be heard in the distance as some bullets found their mark. His squads autocannon, the affectionately named Big Bertha started firing now, the throaty roar a defiant challenge to the enemy. Seargent Kane appeared at the firing step as the first of the greenskins reached the trenches, pointing his laspistol Kane fired into the face of the first ork, bellowing profanities and encouragement at the same time.

Suddenly the screams became real and immediate as a guardsman came running through the trenches only to fall to a blow from behind. He fell, revealing a snarling ork kommando and dozens of others swarming through the outer defences as the ork artillery began to pound the shattered imperial lines.
To Lyles time its self seemed to be slowing down. He saw Cid gunned down at point black range as more orks leaped into the trenches, laying about themselves with massive hatchets. He saw Kate stride forward as flamer in hand and fear in her eyes she burnt the orks, filling the air with the stench of burnt flesh.

The guardsmen were now fighting in little knots as the lines were overwhelmed in a seemingly unstoppable tide of green. Lyles, Kane and Kate hid in their shell hole as ork buggies roared past. "Got a light?" Kane asked during a lull as he pulled a filthy dogend from behind his ear. Lyles silently passed him a lighter as Kate poked her head out of the shell hole, drawing the attention of some of the orks. Lyles snapped off a shot with his lasgun into the mob as a whistling shrieking sound filled the air. The drop pods struck the ground, throwing up dirt and bodies. Marines of the RavenGuard chapter leaped out of the drop pods and swiftly overwhelmed the few orks still scavenging. They found an empty battlefield, the horde of greenskins having swept into the next level of trenches, set further back.

Ragged groups of guardsmen emerged from their foxholes cheering. All was not lost, The battle for Tenbora V would go on.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 10:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Comander crackhead
Default Re: Imperial guard fluff (comments please)

uh... mate this should be in the imperial guard section or the fluff/story's section

If i asked nicely do you think a moderator would give me -1 karma?
Comander crackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 19:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comander crackhead
uh... mate this should be in the imperial guard section or the fluff/story's section
Fluff/Story Section, nonetheless I liked it

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 06:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Have you perchance just finished a WWI depth study in Modern History?
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 08:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comander crackhead
uh... mate this should be in the imperial guard section or the fluff/story&#39;s section
sorry... If a mod wants to change this to the appropriate section that would be much appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Dalyth Montau
If by that you mean reading all quiet on the western front in year 10 English in depth. *flattered*
Old 01 May 2007, 06:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus man (formerly Shas&#39;o Mont&#39;yr)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Dalyth Montau
If by that you mean reading all quiet on the western front in year 10 English in depth. *flattered*
Didn&#39;t mean that but it makes sense. Year 12 history depth study&#39;s are really intense and you will know almost everything (provided you paid attention). I personally have just finished a depth study on WWI.

on the aside I have watched all quiet on the western front, and it wasn&#39;t that bad.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 19:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

+++Do you use Krieg models cos they`re ww1 like.+++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn&#39;t &#39;have to sig&#39; something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 15:00   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

very good i like speacilly the bit about the woman with the flamer u can really picther her in your head stepping forward with the fear in her eyes

sometimes you have to stand up in a fight just to see who's standing next to you
dante dat killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 09:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven-Kaiser of Krieg
+++Do you use Krieg models cos they`re ww1 like.+++
nah, I can&#39;t afford &#39;em. I like the plastic cadians to much anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante dat killa
very good i like speacilly the bit about the woman with the flamer u can really picther her in your head stepping forward with the fear in her eyes
Thanks.