Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

minidex: ZOMBIES! (in progress)
Old 17 Mar 2007, 03:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default minidex: ZOMBIES! (in progress)

HI

* Me, and TheCuriousMonke, are making a kill-team campaign, and it is against zombies. Now, take into account, this is a MINIdex, we are probably going for 1 choice, (possibly two for the elite) per type. It is also work in progress, and i was hoping you guys would help with the things we need to fill in. Now, for the HQ, we were thinking of a more intellectual, quite strong, and with a little add-on that we are still working on. Basically, you have the option to buy a upgrade which uses a disruption table, so you get different viruses (sort of like doctrines) depending on what you roll. for our heavy support we are going for a fat bloated guy, with powerfists, and has some nasty one-use team upgrades, explodes when he dies, and when kills someone, could possibly let out weaker versions of the shamblers. All help would be greatly appreciated, when we are done, we will post up the whole campaign, for use if you want. without further ado, here is codex: zombies

ELITES

[table][tr][td]* [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Big Zombies[/td][td]25[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]7[/td][td]+5[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]* [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Boss Zombies[/td][td]+30[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]8[/td][td]+5[/td][/tr][/table]
Number/Squad: 3-10

Weapons: Teeth, claws, bodyweight. Some large blunt and/or sharp implements

Options: The squad can be equipped with firearms for +2 points per model. Up to two models in the squad may be upgraded to count as carrying a flamer at +6 points per model or a heavy stubber at +5 points per model. The squad can be upgraded to be scaly (4+ saving throw -1 Initiative) for +5 points per model.

Character: For an additional cost of +30 points one of the mutants can be upgraded to a boss. This only gives him a better profile; he doesn’t get to choose anything from the armoury (he can still take squad options).

TROOPS

[tr][td]Zombie Horde[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]+5[/td][/tr][/table]

Number/Squad: 1-50.

Weapons: Zombies are always treated as having a single close combat weapon, regardless of what the model is armed with.

Options: Any squad can be upgraded to being Relentless at +3pts per model,* and if so will benefit from the Feel No Pain rule, below.
SPECIAL RULES

Shamblers: Zombies always move as if in difficult terrain.

Fearless: Zombies are Fearless and hence will automatically pass any Morale* or Leadership test and cannot be pinned.

Feel No Pain: If a Relentless Zombie loses a wound, roll a D6. On a 4+ the* wound is ignored – the Zombie has lost its legs or some other non-vital* part and keeps on crawling. This ability cannot be used against weapons whose* Strength is at least twice the Zombie's Toughness or against close combat weapons that allow no Armour Save.

Fast attack

[tr][td]Scramblers[/td][td]12[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]+5[/td][/tr][/table]

Number/Swarm: 3-10 swarm bases
Weapons: none

SPECIAL RULES

Fearless: Shamblers are considered fearless and pass all morale tests, even if automatic, and can’t be pinned.

Swarms: Shamblers move and fight in the same way as jetbikes, but don’t get the +1 toughness bonus and may move through difficult terrain with no need to take a Difficult Terrain test. For the purpose of mission objectives, Shamblers can’t capture table quarters, hold objectives or count as surviving troops in a Meat Grinder battle.

Vulnerable to Blasts: Template, Ordnance, and Blast marker weapons inflict two wounds instead of one on Shamblers. A weapon of Strength 6 or higher will, of course, instantly kill a swarm as normal.

Small Target: Being extremely hard to hit in cover, the swarm’s cover save is at +1. Note that this doesn’t give them a cover save if they wouldn’t normally get one.

Infiltrators: Shamblers are small, therefore hard to see, they are able to sneak up through rubble unnoticed to have an extra advantage over the enemy. Shamblers can deploy anywhere on the board that is more than 12” from any enemy unit, the enemy unit cannot have LoD to the shamblers. They may be set up 18” from any enemy unit, and it does not matter if an enemy unit can see them.

Heavy Support
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Unit[/td][td]18[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]8[/td][td]+5[/td][/tr][/table]
[Unit size: 1-4
Weapons:Claws, fists, pointy objects
Options: N/A
Special rules:
Bloated Toughness has a +6 invulnerable save
Disease Ridden:Whenever a corpse deals a wound, a shambler may be spawned on with one less wound.

Dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2007, 03:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: minidex: ZOMBIES! (in progress)

Yes, what we need is input on what units we have, and ideas for one HQ and one Heavy Support, rules wise.

Feel free to ask questions about the project on this thread.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
thecuriousmonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2007, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Should the HQ be a zombie??? I think it would make more sence that its a necromancer/mad doc or who ever started the virus / plague.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 15:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

well, I was sort of thinking this. There were some enslavers that were out of the webb too long, therefore lost a lot of their powers. Then they found this small planet that was cut-off from the imperium, so they started enslaving the people on it, therefore, the zombies. The bosses were possibly enslaved by the stronger ones? I don't know if this story will stick, if anyone has any other ideas for the reason there are zombies, We are really open to ideas.

-D'artagnan

Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:18   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

how about some sort of wraith loard similiar to a wraith from lord of the wrings to the c'tan god(cant remember the name)? but with more character?

Heavy could be some huge guy, like you said, bloated and swolen but mutated with 3 or 4 arms?

I'd also like to see a biological troop transport where its a huge rib cage with about 8arm/feet mutation so the zombies can jump its a huge slimmy walking ribcage? open topped?

have you seen that zombie game on the xbox? i really cant remember the name but he can throw his guts and make them explode? maybe implement some ideas from that game?
it'lldefeat the lack of ranged im seeing from what you've got so far.
Arcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

excellent idea! I like the idea of the transport, and we are making them with very little range. The boss will have range, and possibly the heavy, so we don't wanna overdue it.

-D'artagnan

Old 18 Mar 2007, 22:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

no ideas from DOOM please :P

i was thinking zombies were more mindless.
the troops would just wander around aimlessly unti some fresh meat was close by.

so i was thinking of this for some units:

HQ

Head zombie
Cost Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
55-60 4 2 6 4 3 3 2 10 +4

weapons: shotgun, teeth, claws

options: may upgrade shot gun for a bolter and a power weapon for +15, or 2 flamers for + 20, and up to 2 disease powers from the armory.

fearless

more than 1/2 a brain: this unit does not suffer from the 1/2 of a brain rule.

heavy support
fat things from space!

Cost Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
30 4 3 6 4 3 2 2 6 +5
3-6
weapons:heavy bolters, and chain sword.

options: may purchase rocket launchers for + 10, power fists/chain fists + 5, or anything that will make things explode!

more than 1/2 a brain:does not suffer from the 1/2 a brain rule.

[hr]

special rules:

1/2 a brain: units with 1/2 a brain role 2 dice to see where they go.(aka that random movement thing)

Zombie Horde's suffer from 1/2 a brain unless a head zombie joins the squad

azr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 23:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

I'm thinking we drop the Bs by one and have him count as fearless.

Also, where is the +3 save coming from? I think +4 will do.

Perhaps change the upgrade, either add more points or take out the bolter. 10 points for both may be too good of a deal.

Thanks for the ideas though!
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
thecuriousmonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

oh and have you seen the film resident evil? how about fast attack as zombie hounds and an elite choice as those mutated zombies that kill the guy on the train near to the end.

and make heavy choices like the big mofo in the second film?
Arcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

No, i have not seen the movie (can't handle scary films) but the hounds are an interesting idea, I think we could fit those in. Now, the HQ, I like, adds the range which is good, but as monke said, we should lower the Bs, and maybe bring the Ws up one or two and maybe make him more points. I was thinking he would be really good in cc, but not too good out (he will still be able to shoot). So if he gets into cc he will be devastating, if not, not too effective. The heavy bolter seems fine, for it will be hard to actually hit with. And does anyone have any ideas for the disease powers? Thats what is REALLY stumping me right now.
Thanks for the help

-D'artagnan