Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

CREW NEEDED!
Old 12 Mar 2007, 06:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer
Default CREW NEEDED!

Codex: Kaaresh

The Kaaresh are a race of mysterious drifter seers. They themselves are apart of the warp, as their bodies are somewhat ethereal. When the ‘Fall’ occurred, they where literally ripped in half. Their Ethereal selves became mysterious vengeful spirits and their material selves became weak and impudent.

Although the two halves where never able to combine again, the spirits found ways to affect the aura around these newly formed bodies and the Kaaresh prospered.

Eventually the Kaaresh implanted stones under their skin to enable the energies of the spirits to directly link into their mind. Those of the material world who were very powerful in the spirit world as well, where able to merge bodies, not so they where one again but so that one half would balance the other until they made an even more perfect being then before.

Although the Kaaresh prospered, now under the control of the merged ones, they still felt the un-dieing pain of the sundering of their race. When they eventually found out it was the Eldar who had caused this, they began a personal vendetta against them.

Ok, I know im not they greatest fluff writer or anything like that, but I’m planning on making this a fully playable CODEX! And whilst im not talking in the scale of say Eldar or SM, I am thinking something like a larger version of the old Harlequin or Genestealer dexes…

CREW NEEDED!

What people we need:
Fluff writers
Unit designers
Concept artists
Modelers
Painters

Although Modelers and painters aren’t needed just yet, you may as well get in now so you have time to plan.

If this gets enough support (id say atleast 3 extra people (so atleast 4 in total) I will make a small forum to make this on.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 07:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8
Default Re: CREW NEEDED!

I will definately be able to do some fluff writing, modeling and painting. I'll PM you some of my stuff if you like. Let me know if I can help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Aquila_XV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2007, 08:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sure thing Chev... ive read some of your stuff and seen your modeling and painting so your definatly on the crew!

ANyone else?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 00:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to munkey

i can do some modelling and some concept sketches. it all depends on the style you want.

dis wunz fer yoo KJ!
"wuts so special 'bout iz 'ead boss?"
"dats were da skull iz ya git! and i'd look pretty silly 'wif iz foot on my pointy stick wouldn't i!"

-Gorgutz Dow winter assault

munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2007, 05:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

GREAT!

What do you mena by style though?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 17:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

What happened to the Moth're, or have they been renamed?

By style he means, what are they, are they lizards, mammals, fish, birds? Or what?

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2007, 20:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sadly, my crew backed out and I wasnt able to finihs them, atm they are just files on my computer.

The reason I went to these guys is because an Etereal race has always made me think, AWESOME!

Ok, well thye are Ethereal as said, Ummm. Look at the Protoss Archons from Starcraft and thats KINDA what the merged looks like. What there poeple are like is similar to eldar and tau. But more frail then Eldar, and in fluff Tau but I said that to give you the idea of how weak they are in close combat.

I was thinking, becasue thye are so Warp atunned, and weak in cc, should they be able to Brain wash otehr races, or not brainwash but mind control? That would solve their armies extreme lack of CC in the end. Or we could just make a meat creature sort of thing with heaps of spirits in it...

But these guys are like a psyker army.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 02:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to munkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeless One
GREAT!

What do you mena by style though?
STYLE:
family: mammal, reptile, avian, etc.
Appearance: clean and unioform (eldar or tau), ragged (imperial guard), etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeless One
Sadly, my crew backed out and I wasnt able to finihs them, atm they are just files on my computer.

The reason I went to these guys is because an Etereal race has always made me think, AWESOME!

Ok, well thye are Ethereal as said, Ummm. Look at the Protoss Archons from Starcraft and thats KINDA what the merged looks like. What there poeple are like is similar to eldar and tau. But more frail then Eldar, and in fluff Tau but I said that to give you the idea of how weak they are in close combat.

I was thinking, becasue thye are so Warp atunned, and weak in cc, should they be able to Brain wash otehr races, or not brainwash but mind control? That would solve their armies extreme lack of CC in the end. Or we could just make a meat creature sort of thing with heaps of spirits in it...

But these guys are like a psyker army.
ok. so should they have warp powered weapons and use some sort of brainwashed race as close combat thugs?

dis wunz fer yoo KJ!
"wuts so special 'bout iz 'ead boss?"
"dats were da skull iz ya git! and i'd look pretty silly 'wif iz foot on my pointy stick wouldn't i!"

-Gorgutz Dow winter assault

munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2007, 05:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

STYLE:
family: Ethereal (phased) mammals.
Appearance: A mix of Eldar and protoss, but very frail and skinny.

I was thinking more along the lines of no weapons... We consider them weapons but they have psychic powers... So instead of having like a gun, we give them no gun and powers but the standard troop powers work like normal guns...

If they use this, then im guessing it would be low to no AP, high strength lots of targets. So something like:

[table][tr][td][/td][td]Range[/td][td]S[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]***[/td][td]12”[/td][td]6[/td][td]-[/td][td]Assault 2[/td][/tr][/table]

Or something like that.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 07:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

http://kaaresh.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Thats the forum so you know... If you can, try and get as many people as possible into the project as im planning on this being big.