Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Creating A New Marine
Closed Thread
Old 16 Nov 2006, 15:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Creating A New Marine

There are quite a few types of marines out there, aren't there? A lot of the variety comes from Chaos but basically we can upgrade the loyalist marine in a lot of ways (in the entirety of 40k).

If you could create your own type of marine, what would it be? It could be loyalist or anything you want, really. Don't bother with point costs, assume it is balanced, and make something cool.

Tau Brainwashed Marines
Bolter -> Tau Bolter (S5, AP6), -1LD, -1WS
Due to Tau Communistic Brainwashing Greater Good Re-Education Program, these Marines have been converted into hippies. After conversion, of course, they are more unsure of themselves and Tau training regimens don't include much close combat practice. The Tau modified the Bolter in the same way they modified the Kroot Rifle.
Heavy Weapon Options (+X Points, whole squad): Pulse Rifle
Special Weapon Options (2x): Tau Plasma Rifle, Tau Fusion Blaster, Tau Flamer

Frankly I wish normal and Chaos Marines could take Tau Plasma Rifles.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 17:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Creating A New Marine

That does sound interesting, but what would the point cost be? And a pulse rifle wouldn't be much of a "heavy weapon" for a squad.. maybe the plasma rifle can be the heavy weapon, and all the other crisis suit weapons are special?

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 16 Nov 2006, 20:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to smurf

Marine Jetbike squads, like they used to be pre-heresy.

Marine Squiq Herders (not entirely suitable but funny)

Why fluffwise would marines have tau plasma rifles?
Yes obviously tau would be able to brainwash marines... easily... yeah... ....
Nothing in life is forever, but none of your deeds were in vain
Deep in our hearts you will live again, you're gone to the home of the brave
R.I.P Kangaroo Joe
Old 16 Nov 2006, 22:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanmuX
That does sound interesting, but what would the point cost be? And a pulse rifle wouldn't be much of a "heavy weapon" for a squad.. maybe the plasma rifle can be the heavy weapon, and all the other crisis suit weapons are special?
Well we could give them Earthshaker cannons for heavy weapons. Pulse Rifles are better than Bolters and you would be able to equip the whole squad with them for like 2 to 5 points each. And they're Heavy weapons. With the exception of LatD's Heavy Stubber I can't think of any Heavy special weapons.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 22:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

I don't see the serious, useful point of this thread.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 17 Nov 2006, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
....that's nice?
Old 17 Nov 2006, 00:52   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcomrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
....that's nice?
He has a point.

Marines are brainwashed, so that they cannot be brainwashed! They would never join the Xenos filth.

And giving them EARTHSHAKER CANNONS? ...No comment.

I can't understand why people want to make the Tau more like Marines. Tau are the way they are. Period. Nothing you can do about it.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 02:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
He has a point.
I must've missed it.
Quote:
Marines are brainwashed, so that they cannot be brainwashed! They would never join the Xenos filth.
Sure they would. 20 hours of Cultural Sensitivity and Gay Studies classes and you have a Reformed, Enlightened Marine.
Quote:
And giving them EARTHSHAKER CANNONS? ...No comment.
The guy before me commented that Pulse Rifles don't seem like much of a heavy weapon selection. It was a joke.
Quote:
I can't understand why people want to make the Tau more like Marines. Tau are the way they are. Period. Nothing you can do about it.
I don't care one way or the other about the Tau being like marines.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 03:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

People shouldn't say that about the Tau, I don't like them, but that's no reason to completely and totally change the entire race...

In some ways the Tau are like Marines, take their devotion to the Greater Good, not unlike the Marines' devotion to the Emperor, eh? And another thing, Tau are Tau so they are different... if every race were like Marines then every race would BE Marines... The people who play Tau and say they should be more like Marines obviously doesn't know how to play Tau and should quit and play Marines, it's that simple...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 18 Nov 2006, 06:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Well instead of getting angry at Marines and Tau im going to do what this thread is for...

Prism Marines

When tech-priests got a hold of Eldar technology they discovered Prism Cannons. They, instead of destroying them imediatly, equiped them to their marines why not...

Squad size: 5-10

Each Prism Marine is equiped with a Prism Cannon with all the ordinary Prism Cannon rules including the Ordinance blast...

One Marine maybe able to upgrade his Prism Cannon to a Twin-linked Prism Cannon at Xpts or into 2 Prism Pistols.

Prism Pistol: With a pistol in one hand and a laser thingy (the thing that shoots into the Prism Cannon) on their shoulder it is a fast reliable version of its larger cousin, its only down side is its slight weaker strength.
S:8 AP:1 Range:60' Assult 2, Blast