Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Codex out of left field
Closed Thread
Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default The Codex out of left field

Since I got such a huge response from my Adeptus Mechanicus in the house rule stub, I decided to post the codex when started me off: Space Pirates. More specifically, the Space Pirates from the Game Cube title Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime II. I tried coming up with rules and units that accurately portrayed these inscetoid critters, and I think I did a good job. (I only had to make up one unit) This was all made for fun, although I think some of the rules would be a nice addition to Dark Eldar. Any way, enjoy!

<<<Space Pirate Raiders>>>

Special Rules:

True Grit:

All Space Pirates that are equipped with Quantum Assault Cannons or Galvanic Accelerator Cannons count as having the True Grit special rule.

Raiders:

In scenarios in which there are attackers and defenders, Space pirates are always the attackers. If another army has the same rule, work out the attackers and defenders as normal.

Strategy Rating-2

Sentries- 8 Pirate Troopers

[[[Pirate Armaments]]]

Quantum Assault Cannon:

Primary Shot- S4/ AP6/ R24/ Rapid fire
OR
Charge Shot- S5/ AP5/ R18/ Assault 1

------
Galvanic Accelerator Cannon:

S-3/AP-/R12/ Assault 3

------
Grenade Launcher:

(Frag only) - S3/ AP6/ R24/ Assault 1 Blast

------
Pirated Plasma Cannon (Meltagun):

S8/ AP1/ R12/ Assault 1, Melta
-------
Pirated Ice Cannon:

S4/ AP6/ R24/ Assault 1
Causes Pinning

-----
Pirated Wave Cannon:

S4/ AP6/ R24/ Assault 1
Ignores Cover Saves

-----
Plasma Artillery Cannon:

S6/ AP3/ R30/ Heavy 1 Blast

----

Multi Missile Launcher:

S4/ AP4/ R18/ Assault 2

----

[[Space Pirate Armory]]

Space Pirate Captains and Raider Leaders may take up to 75 points of Equipment. Officers and Hunters may take up to 35 points.

[Single handed weapons]

Close Combat weapon-1 pnt, Rending Scythe (Rending ability)- 6 pnts, Power Scythe (power weapon)- 10 pnts, Phazon scythe (Gives bearer +1 Attack and +1 Initiative. One per model)- 20 pnts.

[Two handed Weapons]

Quantum Assault Cannon -1 pnt, Pirated Ice or Wave cannon- 8 pnts,

[Equipment]

EMP grenades (Tau hand book)-3 pnts, Auspex- 2 pnts, Bionics-10 pnts, Stealth Shield- 30 pnts, Jet Boosters-15 pnts, Jump Pack-20 points (+10 points for Multi missile system), Enhanced Carapace (+1 to armor save) 10 points, Phazonicly Enhanced (Gives the character +1 Wound, +1 Strength, +1 Attack, and +1 Toughness, Extra Toughness does not count toward instant kills. May not take Jet boosters or a Jump Pack.) +50 points.

[[[Space Pirate Unites]]]

[[HQ]]

[0-1 Pirate Captain]

Pirate Captain-

Pts-45 / WS-4/ BS-4/ S-3/ T-3/ W-3/ I-6/ A-3/ LD-10/ SV-4+

Weapons/equipment- May choose weapons and equipment from the Pirate armory

Special Rules:

-“And They Shall Know No Fear”
-Independent Character (Unless accompanied by a retinue)
-Retinue: A retinue of Veteran Pirates may accompany the Pirate Captain. (The Retinue does not take up an Hq or Elite “slot”)
-Inspiring Presents: Any unit the Pirate Captain joins becomes subject to “They Shall Know No Fear” special rule and can re-roll failed pinning tests.
------

[Raider Leader]

Raider Leader-

Pts-30 / WS-4/ BS-4/ S-3/ T-3/ W-2/ I-5/ A-3/ LD-10/ SV-5+

Weapons/equipment- May choose weapons and equipment from the Pirate armory

Special Rules:
- re-rolls pinning tests
-Retinue: A retinue of Veteran Pirates may accompany the Raider Leader. (The Retinue does not take up an Hq or Elite “slot”)
-Independent Character (Unless accompanied by a retinue)
-Great Presents: Any unit the Raider Leader joins re-rolls failed pinning tests

------

[[Elite]]

[0-1 Pirate Commando Squad]

Pirate Commando-

Pts-25 / WS-4/ BS-4/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-2/ LD-9/ SV 4+

Pirate Hunter-

Pts-35 / WS-4/ BS-4/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-5/ A-2/ LD-10/ SV 4+

Models per unit: 3-9

Weapons: Quantum Assault Cannon, EMP Grenades, Rending Scythe

Options: One Pirate Commando may be upgraded to Pirate Hunter for +10 pnts. The Pirate Hunter may choose weapons and equipment from the Space Pirate Armory.

Special Rules:

Stealth Shield- 5+ Cover save in the open, Sentries only discover the unit on a 6, shooting at Pirates Commandos counts as firing using the night fight rules (half the role if Night fight rules are being used.), allows models to Infiltrate, and models count as being in cover when being assaulted.

Jet boosters- Allows the model to move 6 inches in assault phase.

Works alone- Characters may not join a Pirate Commando Squad.

----------

[Veteran Pirate Squads]

Veteran Pirate-

Pts-10 / WS-3/ BS-4/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-1/ LD-9/ SV-4+

Pirate Officer-

Pts-20 / WS-3/ BS-4/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-2/ LD-10/ SV-4+

Models per unit- 5-15

Weapons- Quantum Assault Cannon and Close combat weapon

Options- Up to 3 Veteran troopers may replace their Quantum Assault Cannon with one of the fallowing: Plasma Troopers (Pirated Plasma Cannon, 10+ pts) Wave Trooper (Pirated Wave Cannon, +2 pts), Ice Trooper (Pirated Ice Cannon, 2+pts), or Grenadier, (Grenade launcher +3 points). If no Special weapons are chosen, one out of every three Pirates may be equipped with Phazon Scythes at +5 points per model or Rending scythes at +3 points per model. The entire squad may exchange their Quantum Assault Cannons for Galvanic Accelerator Cannons for free.
The unit may be equipped with EMP Grenades at +2 points per model.
One model may be upgraded to Pirate Officer at +10 points. He may take weapons and equipment from the Space Pirate armory.

Transport- Pirate Skiff for 38 points (See Pirate Troopers for details)

---

[[Troops]]

[Pirate Troopers]

Pirate Trooper-

Pts-8 / WS-3/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-1/ LD-9/ SV-5+

Pirate Officer-

Pts-18 / WS-3/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-2/ LD-10/ SV-5+

Preed-

Pts-8/ WS-0/ BS-0/ S-0/ T-3/ W-1/ I-1/A-0/ LD-/ SV-

Models per unit- 5-15

Weapons- Quantum Assault Cannon and close combat weapon

Options- Up to 3 pirate troopers may replace their Pirate Cannon with one of the fallowing: Plasma Troopers (Pirated Plasma Gun, 10+ pts) Wave Trooper (Pirated Wave Cannon, +2 pts), Ice Trooper (Pirated Ice Cannon, 2+pts), or Grenadier, (Grenade launcher +3 points). The entire squad may exchange their Quantum Assault Cannons for Galvanic Accelerator Cannons for free. One model may be upgraded to Pirate Officer at +10 points. He may take weapons and equipment from the Space Pirate armory

Preeds- Up to 2 preeds per unit. Preeds may be sent out during the shooting phase like a shooting attack that automatically hits. (12 inch range) Place a small blast template on a model that is with in range, all models under the blast suffer a wound on a 4+ with an AP of 5. Partial models are hit on a 4+. Preeds only effect vehicles that are opened topped, and inflict a single glancing hit. Remove Preeds after use. Cannot be used if the unit has a Pirate Skiff. Preeds make no effective attacks in combat, and any wounds dealt to them will trigger the explosion, even if it is from an Instant kill. Preeds will be counted as dead if all the Pirate models in the unit are killed. +8 pnts per model.

Detachments-

A Unit may take a unit of Detachments of 3-5 Pirates.

Detachments are Pirates that separate from their parent group during the start of any friendly movement phase when not in Close combat. When attached, the detachment pirates count for the parent unit’s unit size and so on. When a model is killed, the model may be taken out of either the parent or detachment unit. When detached, the Parent unit counts as many models as it did with out detachments for the purpose of being scoring units and so on. Example- if a squad of 12 Pirates takes 4 Detachments, and the Detachments detach, the parent unit counts as being 12. Detachments have the same point cost and stats as normal space pirates, and may not take any special weapon.

Transport- Pirate Skiff

Point cost- 38 pnts

Max payload- 10 models

Crew- A.I

Weapons- None

Vehicle type- Open top, Skimmer, Fast

Armor value- F-10/ S-10/ R-10/ BS-0

Special Rules- Deep Strike

----

[[Fast Attack]]

[Pirate Aerotrooper]

Pirate Areotrooper

Pts-16 / WS-3/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-1/ LD-9/ SV-5+

Pirate Officer-

Pts-26 / WS-3/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-2/ LD-10/ SV-5+

Models per unit- 5-15

Weapons- Galvanic Accelerator Cannon, Multi Missiles, close combat weapon

Options:

One Pirate Areotrooper may be upgraded to Pirate officer for +10 points. He may take weapons and equipment from the Space Pirate armory

Special Rules:

Jump Pack

Death Before Dishonor- Before a Pirate Areotrooper dies in Close Combat, the pirate may make a single S-4 Hit against the model that killed it. Roll to hit and wound as normal, then remove the Pirate. This rule does not go into effect if a Pirate Areotrooper dies from weapons that have strength double or more of the Pirate’s toughness.

---

[Shadow Pirates]

Shadow Pirate-

Pts-13 / WS-4/ BS-3/ S-3 T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-1/ LD-9/ SV-5+

Pirate Hunter-

Pts-23 / WS-4/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-2/ LD-10/ SV-5+

Models per unit- 5-10

Weapons- Close combat weapon and rending scythe.

Options:

One Shadow Pirate may be upgraded to a Pirate Hunter for +10 points. He may take weapons and equipment from the Space Pirate armory.

Special Rules:

Scout

Stealth Shield- See Pirate Commandos

---

[Tallon Metroid Brood]

Tallon Metroid-

Pts-18 /WS-3/ BS-0/ S-4/ T-3 (4)/ W-2/ I-5/ A-1/ LD-7/ SV-6+

Models per Unit- 3-10

Weapons- Talons

Special Rules- Ignore Terrain, Infiltrate, Beasts

Attach- If an enemy model is hit, but not wounded by a metroid, that model gets a –1 attack during the next attack phase to the minimal of 1 attack.

Drain Life- When a metroid deals an unsaved wound to a model; that metroid recovers a wound to the maximum of 2

Metroids Are Not Pets- Characters may not join a Tallon Metroid Brood. Tallon Metroids also cannot capture table quarters, hold mission objectives, board transports, or count as surviving troops in Meat Grinder battles.

---

[[Heavy Support]]

[0-1 Zebes Metroid Brood]

Zebes Metroid-

Pts-40 /WS-3/ BS-0/ S-5/ T-4 (5)/ W-3/ I-3/ A-1/ LD-8/ SV-5+

Models per unit- up to 4 can be chosen, but do not need to be put together in a unit.

Weapons- Talons

Special Rules- Ignore terrain, Fearless, Beasts

Attach- If a model is hit by a metroid attack, but not wounded, that model suffers a –1 attack during the next attack phase to the minimal of 1 attack.

Drain Life- When a metroid deals an unsaved wound to a model that metroid recovers a wound to the maximum of 3

Metroids Are Not Pets - Characters may not join a Zebes Metroid Brood. Zebes Metroids also cannot capture table quarters, hold mission objectives, board transports, or count as surviving troops in Meat Grinder battles.

---

[Elite Pirates]

Elite Pirates-

Pts-65 /WS-4/ BS-4/ S-5/ T-4/ W-3/ I-2/ A-2/ LD-9/ SV-3+

Weapons- Plasma Artillery cannon

Models per unit- 1-3

Special Rules-Slow and Purposeful, Fearless

Phazon Engineered: Energy based shooting weapons can only wound an Elite Pirate if a 6 is rolled when rolling to wound.

-------

[Beam Troopers]

Beam Trooper-

Pts-8 / WS-3/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-1/ LD-9/ SV-5+

Pirate Officer-

Pts-18 / WS-3/ BS-3/ S-3/ T-3/ W-1/ I-4/ A-2/ LD-10/ SV-5+

Preed-

Pts-8/ WS-/ BS-/ S-/ T-3/ W-1/ I-/ LD-/ SV-

Models per unit- 5-10

Weapons- Quantum Assault Cannon, close combat weapon

Options- Any amount of Beam Troopers may replace their Quantum Assault Cannon with one of the fallowing: Wave Trooper (Pirated Wave Cannon, +2 pts), Ice Trooper (Pirated Ice Cannon, +2 pts), Plasma Trooper (Pirated Plasma Cannon, 10+ pts), or Grenadier, (Grenade launcher +3 points). 2 Pirates that have not choosen a beam/grenade weapon may be equipped with Elite Pirate Cannons at +12 points per model. The entire squad may exchange their Quantum Assault Cannons for Galvanic Accelerator Cannons for free.
The unit may be equipped With EMP grenades at +2 points per model.
One model may be upgraded to Pirate Officer at +10 points. He may take weapons and equipment from the Space Pirate armory.

Preeds- Up to 4 preeds per unit. [See Pirate Troopers for details]

Transport- Pirate Skiff for 38 points. [See Pirate Troopers for details]

---

[Special Characters]

Ridley-HQ

Pts-180 / WS-5/ BS-0/ S-6/ T-5/ W-4/ I-5/ A-5/ LD-10/ SV-4+

Weapons- Tail, Claws, Teeth, and Fire Breath (Flamer)

Option:

Meta Ridley- Ridley gains, +2 to Save, a BS of 3, A Kinetic Breath Weapon (Heavy Flamer) to replace the Fire Breath, and Multi Missiles for 50 points.

Special Rules:

Jump pack, Monstrous Creature, Fearless

---

Kraid-HQ

Pnts- 310 / WS-3/ BS-4/ S-10/ T-8/ W-6/ I-1/ A-3/ LD-10/ SV-4+

Mass- 2

Weapons- Claws, Mass, Spines ( S-5/ AP-4/ R-24 Heavy 2)

Special Rules:

Monstrous Creature, Lumbering, Fearless

----

[The Hunter]

Any army facing a Space Pirate Raider force may take “The Hunter”, Samus Aran, as an HQ choice.

Samus Aran

Pnts- 200 / WS-3/ BS-5/ S-4/ T-4 (5)/ W-3/ I-3/ A-2/ LD-10/ S-2/5+

Weapons- Power beam (S-5/ AP-4/ R-30/ Rapid Fire or fire a S-6/ AP-3/ R-30/
Assault 1) The power Beam also may fire a S-5/ AP-4/ R-30/ Assault 1 that does one of the following: Causes Pinning tests, Ignore cover saves, or Ignore armor saves and causes 2D6 Armor penetration. Samus Aran may also fire a Krak Missile (S-8/ AP-3/ R-24/ Assault 1). Samus is also Armed with Power Bombs (S-7/ AP-2/ R-Ordnance Blast/ Heavy 1, Place the template over Samus Aran.)

Special Rules-

Stubborn, Move Through Terrain, Independent Character, Visors (All Hidden units must be reviled with in 12 inches of Samus Aran) Space Jump (Allows Samus to move 12 inches up and down and pass vertical terrain.)

The Hunted Hunter- If Samus Aran is killed; she is worth double when calculating victory points. Samus Aran cannot join units.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 09:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: The Codex out of left field

Its a shame my thread on metroid stuff is dead...
Its nice to see someone else intro it! We were making a list for space pirates but everyone got bored of it.
Have a look but bad things might happn if you post on it here
Old 18 Nov 2006, 13:03   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: The Codex out of left field

Yeah, I had this codex done for about a year. I thought to my self, "Hey, why should Star Wars get all the attention for a codex that has no chance of ever being made?"
I saw the metroid army topic just yesterday as I was flipping through the topics of what people have come up with. I also have an Adeptus Arbites, a Mercenary, and a few scattered unit types on my hard drive I might post some time. (Although I think I'll re-do the Arbites list. I also have the Mecanicus list up in house rules stub.)

I'm kind of surprised someone replied, most people get all excited when making/reading new rules, but shy away after the list becomes "scrollable" on forums.
Closed Thread