Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Deathwing
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jul 2006, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Chaos Deathwing

Ok, before you people who are WAY too serious about Warhammer tell me that I'm an idiot for even THINKING about this... it's only an idea that I thought would be fun to play, so chill...

This army is of Chaos Undivided
HQ
Lord
Sorcerer

Elites
0-1 Obliterators
Marked Chosen Squad

Troops
Chosen Squad

Fast Attack
Deep Striking Chosen Squad

Heavy Support
Defilers
Dreadnoughts
0-1 Land Raiders

Special Characters
Abbadon the Despoiler
Fabius Bile

Help, please...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 12 Jul 2006, 23:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Chaos Deathwing

ok, so does anyone actually want to add something?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 13 Jul 2006, 01:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

This is a fun (if chaos is allowed to be) list.

I expect it will play like deathwings or grey knights- you will kill lots, they will have a difficult time killing you, you will often lose because you have so few models.

I think this would be super fun sometimes, but probably won't be too competitive. But that comment comes from a guy who keeps trying to figure out how to legally field a pure dreadnought list (troops? who needs troops?).

Not so sure about the special characters- they often can't be fielded at all, and are overpriced in a way that will limit your already small army.

I would look scary anyway. Since basically every model is a character it should also look really good.

The only real way to know if it's what you want is to try it.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 00:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

if i were you, i would just use regular deathwing rules and convert them to be chaosy, but that's just me. that way it will be legal to use in tournaments.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 00:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

The point of this army isn't to be competitve, it's to add some fun to the limitless powergaming lists of chaos.. As the saying goes "If you want to win, play chaos... If you want to have fun, play something else"

Quote:
Old 25 Jul 2006, 16:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually any list can pull a "Death Wing"

Simply use 2 HQs in terminator armor and the Chosen elite. Fill your troops with demons.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 23:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Daemons are neccesary. Daemon Princes!

Say haello to Daemon Smily > > > >

The all consuming Y he are beyond the teachings of the Tau va And we Y he are proud of it

Lictor, Lictor, in a tree,
Stupid humans can't see me,
Reach out quick and cut one down,
See the rest all run around.
Quickly kill the last in line,
Hear the rest all squeal like swine.
Cut and slash and hack and slice,
Welcome to my paradise.
Lictor, Lictor in a tree,
No one's left to search for me.
Old 03 Sep 2006, 01:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

The only problem I see is the limiting of Land Raiders. Since only your fast attack Chosen can deepstrike(unless I am wrong, which I prolly am), this list will be a little slow without the Land Raider transports. But then again, maybe 3 Chaos Land Raider's would be a little cheesy...
Old 03 Sep 2006, 17:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Evisser and MikeH... My friend and I created this list for the sheer purpose of a non-demon list, we were thinking of havinf defilers but decided that wouldn't exactly be fair as dreadnoughts and land raiders are already enough... yes the fast attack termies can deep strike...

Quote:
Closed Thread