Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex: Metal (v0.1)
Closed Thread
Old 18 Mar 2006, 16:55   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Codex: Metal (v0.1)

This Codex is being made for the upcoming Codex Competition at the Halton Daemons gaming club.

Soldier of Death special rules:
Metal: The Soldiers of Death are followers of True Metal. As such, they have a stat-line far superior to a normal human.
Metal Save: The Soldiers of Death have a Metal Save. Whenever they lose a wound, regardless of the source, take their Metal Save. If passed, the wound is restored.
Nothing can ignore a Metal Save. If at any point someone contests your right to make a Metal Save, you may remove one model, vehicle or unit from their army of your choice from play. It counts as destroyed. If they complain again, you win the game.
Fearless: The Soldiers of Death fear nothing. They automatically pass all Morale Checks, and cannot be pinned.
Metal Weapons: Metal Weapons function like Ork Choppaz in all respects.
Metal Accuracy: All attacks, ranged or melee, which roll a 1 to hit may be re-rolled (no warrior of Metal could miss that badly!). Keep re-rolling until you get something other than a 1.

Soldiers of Death:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soldier of Death[/td][td]14[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]5+/5+[/td][/tr][/table]
Squad: The squad consists of 5-20 Soldiers of Death.
Weapons: Metal Weapons, shields, armour.
SPECIAL RULES:
Soldiers of Death: The Black Archers of Death are subject to the Soldiers of Death rules above.
Phalanx: The Soldiers of Death may elect to form into a Phalanx formation. The regiment must be formed up into a block, with all bases touching (eg: a 20-man unit could be in a 5x4 formation, or a 2x10 formation). The Phalanx gives all members a 3+ Armour Save against shooting, but the unit cannot charge whilst in Phalanx.

Black Archers of Death:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soldier of Death[/td][td]18[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]--/5+[/td][/tr][/table]
Squad: The squad consists of 5-20 Black Archers of Death.
Weapons: Black Arrow Bow.
SPECIAL RULES:
Soldiers of Death: The Black Archers of Death are subject to the Soldiers of Death rules above.
Black Arrow Bow: The Black Arrow Bow can be fired in two different ways;
RANGE: 12" STR: 4 AP: 6 TYPE: Assault 1.
RANGE: 24" STR: 4 AP: 6 TYPE: Heavy 1.
Volley Fire: If the Black Archers of Death remained stationary in the movement phase, they may elect to Volley Fire. The range of their bows is doubled, and they may hit any target in range, even ones they cannot track Line of Sight to. However, all attacks need 6s to hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Mar 2006, 17:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to zanathid
Default Re: Codex: Metal (v0.1)

yes at last it has began.....

hey wait this is stating to sound like a fantasy army that u seem to working on here and its 40k i fear it already and if its for my torni i give you the trophy alredy just dont hert me........ :'(

"must..... not question rules........ but so hard not to........
arrrrrrrrr .................... noooooooooooo"
Old 18 Mar 2006, 17:19   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

It is indeed 40K... but what kind of sissy uses a gun!? Real men fight with bowstring and steel!

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Mar 2006, 17:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

as my hq would say my 8ft blade would cut through 5ft of titianium like a hot knife through butter!!

Quote:
and in the words of the tonberry king " DOINK!"
i think he agrees hee :P hee
Old 18 Mar 2006, 20:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

i was going to do this after finishing codex chavtastic, and Emo. one question about their true metal save. is this due to the fact that having so much cheesy metal in one place distorts the laws of physics creating a protective barrier around them?

also: your metal accuracy rule is a bit off. GW clearly states that no dice may ever be re-rolled more than once. according to your rule if i roll one again i get to re-roll it a second time.

Old 18 Mar 2006, 20:33   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
also: your metal accuracy rule is a bit off. GW clearly states that no dice may ever be re-rolled more than once. according to your rule if i roll one again i get to re-roll it a second time.
My ruling is correct.

v0.2

Soldier of Death special rules:
Metal: The Soldiers of Death are followers of True Metal. As such, they have a stat-line far superior to a normal human.
Metal Save: The Soldiers of Death have a Metal Save. Whenever they lose a wound, regardless of the source, take their Metal Save. If passed, the wound is restored.
Nothing can ignore a Metal Save. If at any point someone contests your right to make a Metal Save, you may remove one model, vehicle or unit from their army of your choice from play. It counts as destroyed. If they complain again, you win the game.
Fearless: The Soldiers of Death fear nothing. They automatically pass all Morale Checks, and cannot be pinned.
Metal Weapons: Metal Weapons function like Ork Choppaz in all respects.
Metal Accuracy: All attacks, ranged or melee, which roll a 1 to hit may be re-rolled (no warrior of Metal could miss that badly!). Keep re-rolling until you get something other than a 1.

ELITES:

Immortal Soldiers of the Kingdom of Steel:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soldier Immortal[/td][td]80[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]--/4+[/td][/tr][/table]
Squad: The squad consists of 1-3 Soldier Immortals.
Weapons: Metal Weapons.
SPECIAL RULES:
We cannot fail! The Soldier Immortals are born of True Metal, the ultimate champions of Steel. As such, they radiate an aura of invincibility that freezes the heart of lesser men.
Any unit wishing to shoot or charge the Soldier Immortals must pass a Leadership test. If they fail, they may do nothing but quake in terror.
Any unit charged by the Soldier Immortals must pass a Leadership test. If they fail, their Leadership is reduced to 1, and their attacks to 0, until the end of the assault phase.
Soldiers of Death: The Soldier Immortals are subject to the Soldiers of Death rules above.
More Metal Than Thou! The Soldier Immortals are so amazingly Metal that they can become invincible. Once per game, you may elect to automatically pass all Metal saves for one phase.

TROOPS:

Soldiers of Death:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soldier of Death[/td][td]14[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]5+/5+[/td][/tr][/table]
Squad: The squad consists of 5-20 Soldiers of Death.
Weapons: Metal Weapons, shields, armour.
SPECIAL RULES:
Phalanx: The Soldiers of Death may elect to form into a Phalanx formation. The regiment must be formed up into a block, with all bases touching (eg: a 20-man unit could be in a 5x4 formation, or a 2x10 formation). The Phalanx gives all members a 3+ Armour Save against shooting, but the unit cannot charge whilst in Phalanx.

Black Archers of Death:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soldier of Death[/td][td]18[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]--/5+[/td][/tr][/table]
Squad: The squad consists of 5-20 Black Archers of Death.
Weapons: Black Arrow Bow.
SPECIAL RULES:
Black Arrow Bow: The Black Arrow Bow can be fired in two different ways;
RANGE: 12" STR: 4 AP: 6 TYPE: Assault 1.
RANGE: 24" STR: 4 AP: 6 TYPE: Heavy 1.
Volley Fire: If the Black Archers of Death remained stationary in the movement phase, they may elect to Volley Fire. The range of their bows is doubled, and they may hit any target in range, even ones they cannot track Line of Sight to. However, all attacks need 6s to hit.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

0-1 Altar of True Metal:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soldier of Death[/td][td]120*[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]--/5+[/td][/tr][/table]
* = Cost given is for the Altar, and four Soldiers of Death.
Squad: The Altar is a raised area 8" x 4". The squad consists of 4 Soldiers of Death, who must remain upon the Altar at all times.
Weapons: Instruments of True Metal.
SPECIAL RULES:
Soldiers of Death: The Altar Squad are subject to the Soldiers of Death rules above.
The Altar: The Altar gives off a physical aura of Metal, making it very difficult for enemies to target. All units shooting at the Altar Squad use the Night Fight rules. Note that if Night Fight is already in use, there is no futher benefit.
The Altar itself is equipped with four Searchlights.
All Stand Together: Each member of the Altar squad may grant +1 to the combat resolution to any friendly unit of their choice (eg: the unit counts as having killed one more model than they actually did). Different members of the squad can give this benefit to the same unit if you wish (eg: you can get a maximum of +4 Combat Resolution).
Sonic Firestorm: Such is the raw Fury of metal constantly projected from the Altar that those who are Not Metal are simply crushed by the onslaught.
All enemies within 24" of the Altar in the Metal player's shooting phase take D6 Str 4 hits (no AP). Vehicles are hit on whatever armour facing is pointed towards the Altar.
Units in base contact with the Altar in the Metal player's shooting phase take a single Str 10 AP 1 hit.

Quote:
Old 18 Mar 2006, 20:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

hmm this alter could have the same rules as the coudren of blood from the fantasy dark elf book .... mite be worth lookin in to
Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
My ruling is correct.
well yes, its your own codex, so by definition your rule can't be incorrect. but its one of 40ks universal rules that a dice can't be re-rolled twice.

Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:24   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

The first rule of Metal is that Metal is always right. Always. Without exception.

GW did not write the 40K rules with Metal in mind, thus this Codex must correct the rules to accomodate Metal.

Quote:
Old 19 Mar 2006, 16:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
The first rule of Metal is that Metal is always right. Always. Without exception.

GW did not write the 40K rules with Metal in mind, thus this Codex must correct the rules to accomodate Metal.
much like eldar really.

Closed Thread