Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Battle for Orsis Prime: A Warhammer 40k Campaign
Closed Thread
Old 23 Feb 2006, 00:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default The Battle for Orsis Prime: A Warhammer 40k Campaign

This campaign is unlike any others that i have seen.

Instead of having unlimited troops at your command, you control an entire army of 20,000 points. Army lists are made with the units from this list, and units lost stay lost. But with a limited amount of eac battle's victory points, you can buy new squads, repair vehicles, etc.

The Campaign itself is set around the war-torn world of Orsis Prime, in which many races vie for dominance over the cities and battlezones.

The Campaign is set to start March 11th, and will run between 10 and 15 weeks.

Join now!

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.p...=segmentaorsis
Old 23 Feb 2006, 01:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The Battle for Orsis Prime: A Warhammer 40k Campaign

Time to draft in the hobby shop... 20,000 points?!!?!?

*Maniacal laughter*.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 01:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sweet....
sounds very ambitious but cool none the less

Listen to LiNkIn PaRk they rule!
Naruto!
Old 23 Feb 2006, 01:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

The biggest game I ever played was fought across 3 separate boards (one main and two influencial) with every gamer fielding 2000pts each and with five armies on each side of the main board and three on each other for a combined total of 22,000pts each side. It was fought over 3 levels of a house over two days (with breaks), combining pretty much all the armies of about 30 different people in the gaming group for our last day as a league before we disbanded. Amazing game.

20,000pts for one board though...it's...total madness. Absolutely complete and utter madness beyond words.

The biggest single-player game I've ever fought though was a mere 6000pts which saw me field 3 entire armies of mine against three other players at once. It's great for a single epic all-night game...but...I wouldn't recommend it for the easily bored

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 23 Feb 2006, 01:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

No, no no. I think he means that you have an army, and every game you play, you subtract the points from 20,000. WHen youre done, leaving out teh dead models, you add teh points back to 20,000. That represents the size of teh entire force, not of your specific army.

Anyways, its a good idea, but I'm too busy.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 23 Feb 2006, 01:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

From what I saw of the rules, you don't actually play all forces all at once... yipe, that would be a nightmare! You just have that total in reserve, if I'm right.

Still... just imagine the possibilities... Armoured Companies/Battalions... Mechanized Biel-Tan...
Old 23 Feb 2006, 02:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra-Tuisich'Novae
From what I saw of the rules, you don't actually play all forces all at once... yipe, that would be a nightmare! You just have that total in reserve, if I'm right.

Still... just imagine the possibilities... Armoured Companies/Battalions... Mechanized Biel-Tan...
...an Abhuman or Penal Legion filled with Conscripts ;D

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:05   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Andon Send a message via MSN to Andon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Stankov
No, no no. I think he means that you have an army, and every game you play, you subtract the points from 20,000. WHen youre done, leaving out teh dead models, you add teh points back to 20,000. That represents the size of teh entire force, not of your specific army.

Anyways, its a good idea, but I'm too busy.

Stankov
You are quite right. You get points back for victory points (up to a limit, depending on if you win or loose, etc), so it is possible to make your army larget than 20,000 points, or smaller.

And the 20,000 list doesn't have to follow any real guidelines, as long as you have a force out of it. You could spend 200 points on HQ and Troops and the other 19,800 points on heavy support if you wanted to.

As for huge armies.... I have an Armored Regiment with 4 companies.

Including a fast-strike company, All-Exterminator company, artillery company, and heavy company.

One point i need to clarify on the Campaign boards is that you can just not spend points, and keep the points in reserve if you need to.

Also - If you plan on playing against people that won't agree to the rules, or who are not in the campaign, I would sugest taking a bunch of HQ units, so you don't have to worry about running out.

See you at the campaign!
Closed Thread