Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

corupt tau (dark tau)....but a different way...
Closed Thread
Old 13 Feb 2006, 22:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default corupt tau (dark tau)....but a different way...

hello, i have many times thought about dark tau, but when i brought it up, people thought i ment they have been altered in the ways of chaos or somthing. this is not what i mean.
i have giving an idea that they have refused the greater good because they dont belive in it, but then people said that the tau dont think like we do, and are bond by the greater good.

but then i thought about this. what if the tau were corrupted, but not by the chaos, by the imperium. man kind is selfish (looking at it now) generaly people are greedy. if u deny this, ask urself, how many times have u seen those programs asking for money for poor children? how many times have u given money? how many time shave u thought about giving money?

most of u probably have never givin money, some of u probably have thought about given money, if u think ur unselfish because of that ur wrong, ur just in denial and tell ur self u would like to give money to convense urself ur a selfless person.

well back to the main idea, what if tau came to the impereum, i have heard continuos stoies of humans going their, but what if they came here, and found a different perspective on life. what if they became more selfish and valued their own lives above others, and stoped beliving in the greater good?

what are ur idea's?

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 13 Feb 2006, 22:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Big_Chief_Willy
Default Re: corupt tau (dark tau)....but a different way...

I think that would be pretty cool finally tau that arrent peacefull.

Big_Chief_Willy
Old 13 Feb 2006, 22:17   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I could almost see that. Like if a few Tau went off and they were found and brainwashed and what not. Then, they are made into Tau Marine things. That would be crazy. "And they shall know no close combat skills"
Old 13 Feb 2006, 22:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

In the new codex they hint very strongly that Farsight did just that. He fought off the humans in the Damocles crusade, got bitter when he believed the "greater good" had not supported his troops as well as they could have. Then he was sent to repopulate worlds cleansed by the crusade, but spotting an ork Waaagh, he went off the handle so to speak and attacked it, crushing it. Just as he discovered the Dawn Blade the surviving ethreals in his force die in combat (just like the Catachan Commisars do, and have "accidents") then broke off all communications. He then carved out his own personal fiefdom. He gave the collective Tau empire the bird.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 23:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

haha u just brought somthing to mind xv15 stealth.

power armoured geneticly modified tau fire warriors, with no respect for the greater good, wielding high power pulse technology!

they would obviosly cost more, or just them being Elite choices or somthing, but think of a tau with better T, and a 3+ sv due to power armour, and having better S and BS due to genetic modifacation. not looking to much like the old marines tho, just like a shoudlers and boots or somthing, but still having the tau feel. it could also have space marine ally's.

the tau still wouldnt have H2H tho cause the tau think H2H is icky. and they would have lower LD probly cause they value their lives far more, that would be the whole reson of screwing the whole greater good diea.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 14 Feb 2006, 09:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

wether the tau think close combat is ickyor not, they would still be as good t it as marines due to genetic modification

the time for tau is now
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tau have no gene seed so there can't be Tau Marines. Nor will there ever be Tau marines. Tau also have their own power armor- its called a battle suite fyi. Please, no more talk of Alien Marines. The Imperium is more likely to holocaust the Tau as a whole, and anyone who so much as ponders Tau marines than use their precious Geneseed on Tau. That is the worst of heresy, heresy so terrible its secondly only to Chaos.

Tau don't do the marine thing. It just isn't how they work, or how they think. I'm sorry but thats where I draw the line.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 20:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

marines are all idiots then if they would flat out refuse to have more men and get technolagy for better wepons.

Old 14 Feb 2006, 21:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to diber

The marines would be considered hearitics if they EVER used the pulse technology from any tau... when the space wolves first used the las-cannon they were almost considered hearatics. PLUS, you don't neccarily need a gene-seed to be a space marine. you DO however need a BLACK CARAPACE. This is the interface between a spacemarines body and his power suit.

Back on topic:
Why would anyone want to brain wash a tau? and what about commander Farsight? he is declared a radical BY the tau! SO PLEASE NOTE, evil is in the eye of the beholder. people we consider evil, think they are good ,and we are the evil ones. it all gets VERY confusing. Farsight may have had a different view on the greater good.

For sale: Necron Army.
Will accept Soul or nearest offer.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 03:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yoriaki- A Fluff accurate 2000pt marine army is 10-20 marine. Marine Captains with bolters and power swords wipe out entire battle suite teams in open battle, after tearing apart whole bases. 2 SW Blood Claws fight entire IG platoons. 5 Grey Knights would be like 2000pts. A bolter is a fully automatic mini RPG launcher, They need no more tech. They have Faith. The Marine weapons are literaly holy religious artifacts to them. Using a pulse rifle would be like a Muslim or Jewish fanatic eating a pig alive.

As for replenishing their numbers with Tau... I guess you have never in your life read anything aboutr marines. They are brain washed xenophobic zealotish killing machines. They Loathe everything alien. They loathe weakness. They see the Greater Good as a weak, heretical target to be exterminated. Theres also the fact that marines recruit only the most survivable death world raised bad asses they can find, and only a scarse few survive training. Even if they were desperate, they still have a few hundred trillion HUMANS to choose from.