Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Simple Campaign Game
Closed Thread
Old 14 Dec 2005, 16:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Simple Campaign Game

Below, hopefully, is a map and rules for the campaign game I just finished running.* It is a hoot, and the politics really start to fly once the armies begin to whittle down.* Hope you have a chance to try it out.

edit:* sorry map is so small.* Dont know how to resize.

Wanax

War World Campaign
On the eastern fringe of the Empire, just outside of Imperial control there lies a world of peaceful, unarmed people.* For the last 5000 years this world has developed into a resource rich planet outside of the raging wars of the galaxy and virtually ignored by all.* Until now that is.* An alien attack left the people of the planet completely shocked, and in looking for help sent emissaries to all known powers in the region.* All responded, as did the forces of chaos, and turned this peaceful world into a global battleground:* A War World.

Rules:

1.Each player begins with 3000 pts and 3 randomly selected cities.
2.Each player places 1000 pt army in each of the cities.
3.Each player rolls, high roll plays first.* A player can move 1 army, 1 city per turn.
4.One campaign turn is complete once all players have moved 1 army.
5.Players attempting offensive action on another city must travel via the black lines (represents major travel routes).
6.Players using drop pods, all drop troop, or webway travel may ignore rule 3 (all troops must use these methods for it to apply).
7.Players who’s city is under attack is the defender.* Defenders may choose where along the travel route to conduct battle.
8.All battles are randomly chosen standard missions with no more than 1000 points per side.
9.Terrain for battle should represent the area of battle chosen by the defender.* For example, in mountainous terrain the board should contain many hills, some impassible terrain, and some dangerous area terrain.
10.The looser of a battle withdraws to another owned city if defender, to starting city if offensive player (play who’s turn it is).*
11.If the offensive player wins, he must occupy the captured city.* An occupying force must consist of no less than 500 pts.
12.Armies are never replenished with reserves since the space around War World is highly contested and thick with warships of all kinds.* Thus losses over time are cumulative.
13.The game consists of 6 weeks, with one campaign game per week.* At the end of the campaign, the player with the most cities under his/her control wins.
14.In the event of a tie, the player with the most victory points wins.
15.Players must use the same army for every game turn and battle.

Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1
Default Re: Simple Campaign Game

Sounds like a great campaign. Could you make the picture bigger so that it's readable?

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'll try again.
Wanax
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

hmmm i might have to "acquire" this campaign system....

but just a question first... do the three 1000pt armies HAVE to be in existence? Say you only have a 1000pt army, could you just use the same list three times over and play it that way?
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 22:44   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If casualties are cumulative then you would need additional forces, however we could work something out im sure.

P.S. Wiggen u STILL have my LRC and Lascannon Dude.

P.P.S. Wanna game sometime this weekend??
Old 15 Dec 2005, 11:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew "Ender" Wiggin
hmmm i might have to "acquire" this campaign system....

but just a question first... do the three 1000pt armies HAVE to be in existence? Say you only have a 1000pt army, could you just use the same list three times over and play it that way?
No that is the beauty of the system. The players only need 1000 pts to play. You play one army move per turn (for us once a week). The army is 1000 pts. You get three of them. You can move any one per turn, but only one. Garrisons and reenforcements can only come from your 3000 pt total.

So for example, I win a victory in city X, but I have only 700 pts left of that army. I have to move a garrison into the conquered city, but I also need to garrison city Z which I just left. I can pull reenforcements from the armies not involved in the battle.

It is just a simple construct to facilitate a campaign. You and all are welcome to use it, modify it, or ignore it. 8)

Enjoy

Wanax
Closed Thread