Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Galactic battle rules
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Galactic battle rules

I will be creating a campaign that involves multiple worlds soon.

Here are the rules. Debate them.

oh i was led to belive that it was fairly common.

Final rules regarding imperial bombardment:
1. Ships may not bombard while enemy ships are in the same or ajecent orbital sector
2. Orbital bombardments will cost 30 points
3. For every capital ship in the orbital sector above the battle feild the orbital bombardment will cost 2 less points
4. For every capital ship in the orbital sector above the battle feild the orbital bombardment will gain 1/4 of a template (rounded down)

Final fleet space travel rules:
1.Ships may not be attacked while making warp jumps
2.Tau ships can move one sector every turn in warp jump
3. All other ships may move D6+6 sectors.
4.Should a non tau ship roll 5 ones consecutively for movement speed they are lost in the warp/ eaten by demons
5. Non tau ships may move 3+D3 sectors and ignore the previous rule
6. Any ship that is in an ajecent sector to a star system with a habitable world may choose to exit the warp and enter orbit around any inhabited worlds in that system
7. Ships are undetectable to the enemy while in the warp.

Orbit begining rules:
1. When exiting warp space directly to orbit the fleet must roll 1D4 to determine what orbital it enters
2. A fleet may exit the warp beyond the orbital plane but must wait 1 turn to enter the orbital plane of its choice.
3 If a fleet has exited the warp beyond the orbital plane and wishes its ships to be devided among the orbitals it enters it must wait the number of turns between the two orbital planes
I.E. If a fleet master wishes to devide the ships in his fleet between the fourth and orbitals then the ships entering the fourth orbital enter the turn after exiting from the warp and the ships entering the first orbital must wait another turn before entering
4. Part or the entirety of a fleet may choose to prograde or retrograde while in orbit. This moves them respectively ahead or behind one orbital sector.
5. Ships that enter from the warp directly in to orbit deploy at random from the center of the feild and scatter 8D6. The defender aranges his ships before hand using the entire board to deploy.
6. If a fleet progrades in to the next sector then he deploys 12" from the short board edge. The defender deploys every where the attacer is not deploying All ships must face away from the attackers board edge
7. If a fleet retrogrades in to the previous sector then he deploys 12" from the short board edge. The defender deploys every where the attacker is not deploying.All ships must face the attackers board edge.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: Galactic battle rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoilless
4.Should a non tau ship roll 2 ones consecutively for movement speed they are lost in the warp/ eaten by demons
Again, too common.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

>

You said it was fine!!!!

Would you like to sign up?

[glow=red,2,300][size=10pt]Sign up is now open all races welcome we'll fit you in some how. There will be one three planet test round first with just Imperium and Tau to iron out kinks in the rules.[/size][/glow]
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 14 Dec 2005, 02:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Ships have been known to go into skirmish when they meet in the warp. However this is rare so i think its negligible.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Old 14 Dec 2005, 18:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
>

You said it was fine!!!!
Yeah, when you had to roll 4 ones to get lost in the warp.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

im actually finnishing one fro TO at the moment but alas my pc is infected by spyware ATM and im using my mams work PC, ,
i know that tau have a low warp presence but it still dont mean that theres no danger

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually the tau ships dont get lost in the warp as they never enter it, only the area right above it.

Imperial ships i realise should move 16 times faster through the warp. However this is just unffair.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Imperial ships i realise should move 16 times faster through the warp. However this is just unffair.
How so?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:55   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Just stick with the BFG method:

Warp Space is dangerous, but there tend to be natural "channels" in the Warp, areas which are as close to safe as warp space can be.

Thus every subsector map has a series of "space lanes", and ships may only move using these lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Dec 2005, 21:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I like it It will be added.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Closed Thread