Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Project Idea: Star Wars Codex
Closed Thread
Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Project Idea: Star Wars Codex

Please be rational and don't simply brush this aside:

I figure if we have Codex: Halo, why not Codex: Star Wars? Give the Imperium the ability to cast Exterminatus on those "Rebel Scum."
Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Project Idea: Star Wars Codex

only problem being rebels and imperium would use the same models, so theres not much chance for non IG players to get in. other than that it sounds good.

Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I made a Galactic Empire codex in the House Rules section. If you do make your own, don't make it an Imperial Guard clone.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

What I was thinking was setting up the Empire as a variant Guard. Stormtroopers fill the role of rank-and-file infantry yet are highly customizable, capable of selecting special weapons or mounts (e.g. Dewbacks or Swoop Bikes) and-or being transported in Imperial APCs. Probe Droids relay targeting information for orbital strikes, and walkers (select unit type; AT-STs have more firepower, AT-PTs are faster/cheaper). Of course, AT-ATs dominate the battlefield, moving slowly yet transporting troops into battle and inflicting mass havoc. At the elites section, you have Storm Commandos, Veteran Stormtroopers, Dark Troopers (jetpacked of course), etc.

The Alliance would be a multi-racial coalition of troops, including humans, Bothans, Mon Calimari, etc. They're lightly armed on foot and rely on airspeeders and jury-rigging civilian craft for their use. Mon Calimari Knights charge into battle with energy lances (reusable of course), etc.

Both factions would be able to employ mercenary troops such as bounty hunters, Trandoshan Slavers, etc.

And then there's the idea of taking this stuff to Battlefleet Gothic. The Empire capital ships are more than capable of competing with Imperium ships in terms of scale (plus the Death Star is the size of a moon, plus if we go into the Expanded Universe, the Eclispe was twice the size of the Executor and had a crew of 70,000
Old 12 Nov 2005, 18:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to gego_cybor1

Seeing as I am a HUGE Star Wars fan I think its a very groovy idea. O0

If you need any help making this codex just PM me and I will help out as much as I can.

Join the Tauonline Runescape Clan!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?board=90.0
I'm a Leader
Old 13 Nov 2005, 14:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I personally would like to see TauOnline create a massive project for it, if only to help everyone agree on the same base codex. We could have the following armylists:

-Seperatists
-Republic
-Galactic Empire: One should create three main variants for them; "Revenge of the Sith" Empire, Star Wars Empire, and Imperial Remnant.
-Rebel Alliance: While lacking in the state-of-the-art ground weapons of the Empire, the Rebels have many brave, determined warriors of many species who are willing to fight and die for freedom.
-Yuzhan Vong: Technophobic refugees from another galaxy, they grow their weaponry. For some reason, their presence is hidden from the force so they're resistant to Force-based attacks like Force Lightning, etc. (If crossing over to the 40K universe, this also would give them some resistants to psyker powers?). Their primary weapon is the Amphistaff, a serpentine-like creature that spits a corrosive acid and goes rigid whenever struck, projecting a shield bubble to protect itself. Among the supporting weapons they use include blastbugs, fire jelly, and giant 6-legged Rakamat monsters designed to transport troops into battle all while breathing fire and flame upon their foes.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 02:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

SEperatists.....Drool

I like doids not necrons

Old 17 Nov 2005, 15:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I wonder about storm troopers: their the elites, as there's a standard empire army (I read SW background book's if your wondering how i know)
Old 17 Nov 2005, 23:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah...I was originally thinking of using Imperial Armymen as conscripts, or give them the special rule they they always play the Defender.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 11:21   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

The problem is that there is no way to create a Stormtrooper/Rebel army without it being, inherantly, a Guard knock-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread