Warhammer 40K Forum

Resistance is futile
Closed Thread
Old 02 Nov 2005, 08:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Resistance is futile

Resistance is futile!

Star trek has been playing on my mind the past couple of days & I was wondering.

How would one go about making a Borg army? what race to use, what possable models to use & so on? I do know that one friend of mine has an obsession with cyborgs & so has converted a carnifex into a cyborg dreadnought. Any thoughts?

Killer Queen Diz! Evil hippie Prince of the Mog'qui
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 09:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Resistance is futile

Necrons

http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefr...847&orignav=10

Evil hard assed robots from hell.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 11:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i would use both imperial guard and necrons... a combo mix... as borg are basically humans with... 'upgrades'. Try to graft some necron bitz onto the guard and borg em up a bit... judicious use of greenstuff wouldnt be bad either. Identify what makes a borg look like a borg basically... the head with the lenses and lasers etc... the hands with edward scissor hand touches.. and a stocky human body. then the rest of it is up to a good paintjob.

cheers

p
Old 02 Nov 2005, 13:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

there was a white dwarf a few months back where a guy convered VAN SAAR ganers into a borg like-hivenet
try find it

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 03 Nov 2005, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Queen Diz
Resistance is futile!

Star trek has been playing on my mind the past couple of days & I was wondering.

How would one go about making a Borg army? what race to use, what possable models to use & so on? I do know that one friend of mine has an obsession with cyborgs & so has converted a carnifex into a cyborg dreadnought. Any thoughts?

Killer Queen Diz! Evil hippie Prince of the Mog'qui
Imperial Guard with the cyber-enhanced Doctrine that gives them all a 6++ invulnerable save for the list.

Models, I'd suggest looking at Imperial Guard combined with Necrons and Servitors from 40k, and also take a look at the Pit Slaves models for Necromunda. Use plenty of Greenstuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo the orangutan
there was a white dwarf a few months back where a guy convered VAN SAAR ganers into a borg like-hivenet
try find it
Yeah, that was a cool warband.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 03 Nov 2005, 05:54   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'm thinking a "counts-as" army with converted Imperial Guard models using the Necron codex (troop-heavy). Servitor models and some of the Necromunda models would work, but building an entire army out of them would get expensive quickly.
Old 03 Nov 2005, 12:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That's true. Necron lists have less models, so you wouldn't have to shell out as much cash. That would work pretty well, actually - the Lord as the Borg Queen, and the Monolith could be a mini Borg cube.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 03 Nov 2005, 12:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

Here’s what I’ve brain stormed up over the couple of hours. This includes what race & set of rules to use with each army.

Necrons

Necrons because there is a number of possibilities with them such as a warp anomaly preventing them from phasing out & so as a fail safe device they bulk up their ranks with “volunteers” adding their own equipment of their fallen to those who have recently been assimilated.

Witch hunters

I can picture an Inquisitor witch hunter as being a megalomaniac & taking it to a whole new level by committing every personal in his army to become one with him/her. They would also make good use of Arco-flagellants & storm troopers as their enforcers.

Guard

This was the easiest of the lot & also the most popular by other gamers I’ve spoken too. A simple high tech world constant battles & men forever receiving bionic limbs.
I hate to say it but it doesn’t do the whole Borg thing really.

Tau

Their communist’s! Maybe a new political party has come to power or it could just be traitors & criminals banded together for the Greater Good.

Any thoughts ;D?
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 03 Nov 2005, 19:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Necrons wouldnt be my first choice if I were to build a Borg army.... the problem with them is that they're totally artificial, while the Borg were cyborg-ish.. meaning a mixture of metal and flesh (borg-cyborg lexicanish links always made me roll my eyes at the lack of star trek fluff originality... : ). BUT, that being said, I would certainly avail myself of Necron bits boxes to add their techno-style to a Borg.. dude.

now, putting Necrons aside for a bit, I can think of a WH40K model set that just SCREAMS Borg.... theyre totally mixed machine/man, chopped up skulls and slimy hoses running in and out galore... can you guess who they are before I type it out?? you got it: Adeptus Mechanicus!! bummer that there is no Mechanicus army codex, or Mechanicus troop box set, but you can find many models out there in the blisterpacks: Techmarines of all types (full servo harness is optional, cybernetic detailing is a must) DEFINATELY Servitors of every type (Heavy Bolter Servitors strike me as very borgy), Certain Iron Warrior characters come to mind, etc. you get the idea by now im sure.

another suitably Borg-ey entry: Mega Armoured Orks... add a little glowey green tinting on them, and but them in the gratuitous smokey Starfleet Passageway, and wow! thats a scary Borg! how can a powerclaw NOT be a Borg-ish 'enhancement'. there are mad docs and mad meks out there im sure who already come molded Borg-ey, as well.

so,, lets sumarise: Gun Servitor base, add Small Nob Powerclaw, add Necron spines and armor platey bits, find somewere to shove the necron green clear sticks... and presto!! Borg!!!
Old 03 Nov 2005, 20:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

the adeptus mechanius is the ticket. their sktrii legions are just like the borg

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Closed Thread